Dark Night

Marvin was sitting on his couch, desperately trying to to figure out how his new trick rings went together and came apart. He skimmed the instructions again, tapping the rings together until the secret clip triggered and they linked together. "Ah!" He grinned, and then suddenly every light in the apartment went out and he was left in the dark. "Oh." He hummed. "I don't think that was supposed to happen." He mumbled, pulling out his cell phone and used the light from it to skim the instructions again. "No... it wasn't." The magician sighed, getting up. He left his rings on the couch and used his cell phone to walk to the wall, flipping the light switch off and on a few times. "Hm..." Marvin stared up towards his ceiling light, before he heard a high pitched scream in the hallway. "Chase?" He mumbled and started to run for the door, slamming into the side of the couch. With a grunt, he scooted around the couch, using the light on his phone again to navigate his way out of his apartment.

Meanwhile, Chase was in the hallway, just outside of his apartment with a hand clamped over his chest as he caught his breath. The flashlight on his phone was illuminating Jameson Jackson, who had a look of guilty shock, as he covered his mouth with a hand. "You can't just grab people's shoulders in the dark, bro!" Chase laughed. Jameson shrugged his shoulders, pointing into his mouth, then patted his throat. "I know... I know. You can't talk. Lights out at your place too, huh?" Jameson nodded and Chase sighed, looking up and down the hall. "Hall lights are out... I assume the whole building is out."

"I didn't mean to!" Marvin yelped as he stumbled into the hallway. "That wasn't supposed to happen!"

"What?" Chase turned his light on the man in the cat mask.

Marvin shook his head. "The rings are a simple trick. My magic must be getting stronger. I just clicked them together, and poof! No more lights."

Jameson tilted his head, raising and eyebrow and Chase laughed. "Dude! I think the power went out. It wasn't your fault."

"Oh..." Marvin nodded, taking a deep breath. "Yeah! Of course. I... I knew that." He nodded, pulling his apartment door closed and walked carefully down the hall to join them. "Are you alright? I thought I heard you scream."

"Scream? I didn't hear a scream, bro." Chase coughed, shaking his head, happy that the darkness in the hall might conceal the faint blush on his cheeks. Jameson smirked, shrugging his shoulders.

They could all hear another door open down the hall, and the powerful beam of a much larger flashlight lit them all up. "Guys? There was a huge accident at the power station. The whole city is out. The police are keeping it pretty hush hush." He shook his head. "But... the power is going to be out for awhile, until they can deem the facility safe again."

"No power?" Chase whined. "Bruh, I've got videos to edit!"

"The only thing I have in my apartment is frozen pizza!" Marvin whined.

Jackieboy shook his head, sighing. "I have food. Come on you guys. My place is probably safer anyway. I have candles, flash lights and canned food, and a little battery operated cooker."

"You do not!" Chase gasped. "Bro! That's awesome!" He raced down the hall, high-fiving the hero before ducking into the man's apartment. Shrugging his shoulders, Marvin walked down the hall with the ever smiling Jameson at his heels.

"Why... do you have all this stuff?" Marvin asked as he looked around at the candles lighting the apartment.

Jackieboy smiled. "I see disasters every day, I know how important it is to be prepared." Glancing out the window, the hero sighed. "I should go take a little look around and make sure no one's in trouble. I'll be back soon... and keep an eye out for the others, okay?"