Chapter Eight

A few leaves fell off the trees everytime the wind blew. This is the best time of the year. Fall.

My phone ringing got my attention away from the window. I watched it vibrate on the brown nightstand and reached over for it.

"Hey Jin," I said.

"Hey! I wanted to tell you that the drawing of Yoongi you put in my art gallery is getting a lot of attention."

"Really? That's amazing!"

"Let's go out and celebrate with Yoongi and Jimin!" Jin's words made my smile disappear. I played with the hem of my shirt.

"Yoongi hasn't been home in a few weeks," I said softly, "but let's go with Jimin."

"What do you mean he hasn't been home?" He said voice raised, "Namjoon!" Jin yelled.

"I'll call you back ok? Don't worry I'm sure he's doing just fine," Jin hung up.

I set my phone down on the nightstand and watched out the window. It started to rain. The clouds covered the sun making it dark.

Lighting hit in the field across from the house, making me jump. The power went out.

I sighed and grabbed my phone, "God damn it. I don't even know where the electrical panel is," I turned on the flashlight on my phone and started walking towards the basement door.

"It has to be down here right?" I jumped when my phone started ringing. Namjoon.

"Hey," I answered. I started walking to the kitchen to grab a flashlight.

"You said Yoongi hasn't been home? In a few weeks? And you didn't tell us?" He sounded pissed.

"Namjoon, I didn't think it was a big deal. I thought it was some mission you sent him on."

"We did send him on a mission a few weeks ago! He should be back by now."

I didn't respond. I picked up the flashlight I found and turned it on.

"What are you doing? Why are you out of breath?"

"I ran downstairs. I'm grabbing a flashlight."

"For what?"

"The power went out because of the storm," I opened the basement door and started going down.

"Are you going in the basement? No, don't go down there!"

"What? Why?"

"Just don't! Go back up and wait for Jungkook!" Namjoon hung up.

I put my phone into my pocket and flashed the light into the basement. It was dark and cold. It wasn't finished.

Why wouldn't he want me down there? I sighed deeply and made my way back up. The thunder shook the house, making me scream and fall down onto the stairs for protection.

I covered my head and waited. A few more lighting strikes hit, causing lots of loud thunder.

I screamed again, feeling tears fell down my face.

"Stop. Stop," I cried silently on the steps of the basement for what felt like forever.

Ever since I was little, my mother would leave to work and my father would be out gambling and getting drunk, I'd be home by myself. Crying during lighting and thunderstorms.

Su-Ji laid under the large coffee table hidden under a blanket as the thunder shook the room.

The power out, home alone, and terrified. She cried and cried for hours.

When the storm finally passed, she climbed out and run to her parent's room.

She grabbed the fluffy white blanket on the bed and crawled under them on her mom's side.

Taking in her scent, she fell into a deep sleep covered in tears and snot.

"Hey, why are you on the stairs?" A voice got my attention. I looked up to see Jungkook. I'd only met him once, at Yoongis party.

"Did you fall? Do you need help?" He came walking down the stairs and reached for my arms.

"I dropped my phone between the stairs," I cried. Jungkook looked at me in shock.

"You're crying? Ok, yeah," he sounded awkward. He helped me up the stairs and set me down in the kitchen.

"I'll, uhm, turn the power back on. Stay here."

"Don't leave me alone. Please."

Thunder came again, making me jump and squeeze my eyes shut.

"You're scared," Jungkook said softly. He walked back into over to me, "shit. Ok. Ill call Jimin."

Jungkook pulled his phone out, calling Jimin.

"It took me forty-five minutes to get here, how long were you on the stairs?" Jungkook asked.

"Forty-five minutes," I said softly. He pulled his eyebrows together. Worry and sympathy washed over his face.

"Ok. Jimin should be here soon. Once he gets here ill get the lights back on and hopefully Namjoon will be able to find Yoongi," he stood up and watched out the front window.

"He's here. He brought Taehyung. They must've been together."

Jungkook opened the door and lead the guys over to me. Taehyung was wearing all Gucci. He must be Gucci boy I saw at the party dancing with Jimin.

"Hey, how are you doing?"

"I'm ok."

"Tae, come help me get the power back on," Jungkook waved him.

"Why did Namjoon tell me to not go downstairs?"

"It's Yoongi's workspace. He doesn't like people down there."

"What is even down there?"

"It's his at home studio. His piano and music he writes are down there."

"So, Namjoon told me not to go down there and turn the power back on, just for that?" I asked angrily.

"Well," Jimin breathed, "I've told enough already about him and us. What's this going to do? He uses it to torture sometimes. Namjoon didn't want you to see the stuff. He nor Yoongi want you to see that."

"Oh god," I covered my mouth, tears starting to fall. Jimin looked guilty.

"H-has he did that since I've been here?" I asked. Jimin didn't answer. He only looked down.

"Does he do it to innocent people?" Jimin didn't answer that either.

"Oh my god," I got up and headed towards the front door.

Jimin came running after me, grabbing my arm, "no, no, no, you can't leave. It's too dangerous."

"It's dangerous here too! If I make one wrong move, Yoongi will do that to me!"

"If you do this move, then he will! He will think you betrayed him. Just like the others he had to torture. You need to stay here!" Jimin yelled. The power came back on. He looked around and back at me.

"If Namjoon finds Yoongi and they find out you ran away, he'll find you and think you betrayed him," Jimin's voice was calm as he held my shoulders.

"I can't live here knowing he does this kind of stuff to people. Even if they did betray him," The tears kept falling down my face slowly. 

Jimin pulled away from me and looked in the direction Jungkook and Taehyung came back from.

Jungkook's smile vanished when he saw how I was crying. 

"What's going on?" Taehyung asked.