Chapter two

"This next story took place about two weeks after my brother met her. Just so you guys know, she never gave the clothes back" Riley says.   

Maya walks into the lunch room looking around for something or maybe someone. She paced around a couple times until a familiar voice comes from behind her.

"Looking for something?" Lucas asks.

Maya jumps but plays it off as if she didn't get scared. She smiles and turns around.

"I was actually. I was looking for you" She says with the same cute little smile on her face.

"Me?" Lucas questions.

"Yeah. Follow me. I want to show you something" She says.

"You seem to be in a good mood today" Lucas says.

"I am" She says and starts to walk out of the lunch room. Lucas follows behind her.

"So how are you? We haven't talked since the day I smashed the food onto you" Lucas says.

"Don't remind me of that" She says.

"I still never got my sisters clothes back" He says.

"I know. And you won't" She says.

They walk into the art room and it was empty.

"Good. He isn't here" Maya says and goes over to the drying rack. She pulls out the canvas from two weeks ago. She holds it against her stomach so Lucas won't see. She puts it on the easel on her desk and motions for Lucas to come behind it.

"Wow Maya. It's amazing. It looks just like me." Lucas says.

"Well that's the goal. It was based on you so I hope it does" She says.

"You know I heard real artists use the word inspired" Lucas says.

"I wasn't inspired by you" She says.

"You kinda were" He says.

"Whatever" She says.

"There's that word again" Lucas says. Maya just rolls her eyes. "Can I keep it?" Lucas asks.

"No way. I need it for the grade" Maya says.

"What about after that?" Lucas asks.

"Maybe" Maya says.

"Did you ever finish your other project?" He asks.

"I did" She says.

"Can I see it?" He asks.

"Sure" She says.

This time instead of going to the drying rack she went to the window still where everyone's finished work was. She brought the painting over and put it in front of the Lucas picture.

She added a few things to the painting. She added the quote like she wanted but she also added two people sitting on top of a mountain watching the sunrise.

"This one is amazing too" Lucas says. "Who are the two people?" He asks.

"I don't know. Give them names" She says.

"I think his name should be Fred" He says.

"Why Fred?" She asks.

"Just a basic name" He says.