Chapter eight

"So through first I love yous and first kisses they were really a great couple. Lucas loved her. It's pretty obvious. And she loved him. Now, time for the next story. You can see how much she cared about him in little parts of this story. This one I think is my favorite." Riley says.

The entire Matthews apartment is woken up by some pretty loud banging on the door.

Lucas rolls over and checks the time. The time was 5:52 to be exact.

"There's only one person who can be here this early" Lucas says to no one.

He sits up and gets out of bed before she wakes anyone else up. But he was too late.

His family was outside there bedroom doors waiting for him.

"It's your girlfriend" Riley says.

He could tell she was annoyed. Auggie looked exhausted. He was going to "beat up" Lucas for this later. Maya would have loved to see that.

Lucas goes and answers the door.

"Hi Maya" He says.

"Good morning sleepyhead. I wouldn't normally come up here and knock but you weren't answering your phone" She says.

"What are you doing here this early in the morning?" He asks.

"I need you to take me somewhere" She says.

"Ok. I'll go get dressed" he says. "You can sit on the couch and wait. I'll send my sister out to keep you company" He adds.

"It's ok. I'll just wait in your car" She says. She comes into the apartment and takes his car keys which were hanging up right next to the door.

"I'll see you in a couple minutes Maya" Lucas says.

"Ok" She says and starts heading down.

Lucas closes the door and goes into his room. Riley is sitting outside her bedroom door. His mom, dad and brother went back into there rooms.

"Where are you going?" Riley asks.

"I don't know. Maya wants me to take her somewhere" Lucas says.

"At six am? What does she want you to get a pregnancy test?" Riley jokes.

"You're so stupid" Lucas says. "I don't know but definitely not that" He says.

Riley laughs and then goes into her room. Lucas goes into his room and changes. Then he meets Maya down at his car. She is sitting in the passengers seat with her feet on the dashboard and the radio is blaring.

"Turn this down. You already woke up my family. No need for the entire neighborhood" Lucas says and turns the radio down.

"Sorry" Maya mutters

"Don't be sorry. Riley was probably already up anyway. She's a early bird. Auggie might kill me later" Lucas says.

"Who's Auggie?" Maya asks.

"My little brother" He says.

"I didn't know you had a little brother" She says.

"That's ok. No one really does. He's ten and doesn't go to our school" He says.

"That's so cute" She says.

"So where am I going?" Lucas asks.

"First we need to stop at the grocery store and then follow the gps on my phone and it will take you to the destination" She says and places her phone in the cup holder.