Part 2: Troubled Girl Troubled Boy

(Troubled Girl, Troubled Boy)

Avalon's P.O.V

I walk into school the next day feeling completely and utterly refreshed.

This is the first in a long time that I'd gotten such a good sleep.

Apparently me being happy that morning wasn't something that could happen.

Because as soon as I took a step into the school, Ryder was by my side, looking confused.

"Why the fuck are you so happy? " He sneers and grabs my arm.

I gulp and look down "a good day at the restaurant" I say nervously.

He stares at me for a second before shoving me over to his friends.

"Jace needs you to help him with math homework" Ryder says, sounding bored.

Wasn't that due yesterday? Immature of him to wait so long to finish it.

"W-what? " I ask in shock.

"You heard me" He raises his eyebrows and pushes me closer to Jace.

I turn around and Jace grins at me while pulling me after him, I try to resist but his grip tightens.

"P-please let me go" I struggle and attempt to get away.

"No." He states.

"I'll help you with your math, just let me walk ok my own! " I yelp in pain as I almost trip.

He looks down at me and raises an eyebrow.

"You really think I want to study? " He guffaws "I've wanted you longer than you've known. "

My eyes widen "Ryder's going to be angry at you! " I struggle against his hold again.

"No he won't. Because he won't know. " He pulls me closer to him as we speed walk.

I try to yank my hand from his grip but fail miserably.

"What the fuck are you doing? " I hear someone ask from besides me.

I know that voice....

"Xavier?" My eyes widen and I almost trip as Jace tugs me again.

"Let her go you prick" Xavier demands, pushing off of the locker and walking over looking very pissed.

"I don't take sexual assault lightly" Xavier cracks his knuckles and gently but firmly removes my wrist from Jace.

"Who are you? " Jace scowls and crosses his arms.

"None of your business" He squints his eyes and sizes Jace up.

"H-hey, no arguing" I pipe up from the side.

Jace gives me an un amused look, "shut up, whor-" Before he can finish his sentence, Xavier uppercuts him and Jace goes flailing back into a locker.

"Prick" Xavier frowns and clenches his fists again.

I gasp at what just went down and Xavier looks at me looking bored and tired, "now would be your time to leave dramatically" He laughs without humour.

I contemplate actually doing it, but the gratitude I feel overcomes the fear.

A worried look crosses my face and I walk up to Xavier.

"Your.... Fists are bleeding" I lightly trail my fingers across his spilt knuckles and frown.

"Yeah, well Goldilocks, this is what happens when people don't know their place" He grabs one of my curls lightly and holds it in front of my face as if to explain the nickname.