Part 15: 15 Days

(15 Days)

(Avalon's P.O.V)

He kisses me.

And I kiss him back.

"Hey guys do you have a-holy shit.... "

I gasp and spin around, facing a confused Stephen.

"You know, I was going to ask if I could borrow your can opener before I left, but never mind" He smirks and slowly backs away.

"Fuck you" Xavier groans from beside me.

"Is that a wish or a invitation.... " Stephen cackles before looking at me.

"Actually, isn't that was you have AJ for?"

He ducks as a wooden spoon is thrown at him.

"I'll take that as my cue to leave" He snorts and walks out, purposely slamming the door to prove he left.

The room becomes silent from its lack of Stephen, and I avoid looking at Xavier.

I watch from the corner of my eye as he takes a seat at the counter and sips some water.

"Yeah, I'm getting light headed" He cringes while holding his hand to his bandaged forehead.

"Oh geez, go lie down" I frown and take his arm, guiding him through the small hallway into his room.

Once he's lying down on the bed, my phone starts ringing and I sigh.

"I have to take this. "

As I walk out of the room he's in, I push answer to the unknown number and press the phone to my ear.

"Hello? "

"15 days. "

I stop in the hallway and bite my nails, slightly dazing off.

"Pardon? "

"15 da-"

Then it's cut off.

Okay then, that's totally not creepy whatsoever.

I sigh and make sure the calls ended before going back to Xavier.

"Who was that? " He asks while I walk back into his room.

"Some wrong number" I shrug and hop into the bed with him, not getting close, but not letting him question it either.

He smiles and pulls me close to him in a hugging motion.

As the blush spreads across my face, I let the warm smile overcome me and I cuddle into his chest.

~ ~ ~ ~

I forced Xavier to go back to the hospital today, seeing as things have been easier.

It just seems like life's looking up and even Ryder is becoming less of a threat.

I know he has issues.

Heaven forbid, he's a gay masochist who's been professionally diagnosed with bipolar disorder.

Even if someone were all that, they wouldn't be a bad person, it's just how Ryder chooses to cope that's bad.

He chose to be abusive.

I'm not going to let him ruin my day though because I still have Zahbia, Stephen and Tracey and I'll be darned if they hesitate to kick some booty.

Walking into the school seems different today as well.

As if there's less pressure.

I'm sure Noah is going to keep Ryder on a leash as well.

"Hey gurl" I hear Tracey call out to me as Zahbia remains at her side, smiling brightly at me and waving.