Part 5: Goodbye Ryder

(Goodbye Ryder)

Avalon's P.O.V

"Nothing" I play it cool and boing one of my curls.

"I swear to fucking god Ava" He hisses while tilting my face up so I was looking at him.

"I heard that" He mutters, looking angry.

"Then why ask me what I said? " I frown.

"You've been lying about him hurting you and I'm going to go kick that pricks fucking ass." He growls then looks at my arm.

"Goldi..... " He puts a finger lightly on one of my bruises then looks at my shirt, lifting it up so he can see my stomach.

I gasp and swat his hands away "perv! " I scowl.

He rolls his eyes in annoyance "You have bruises all over you" He stands up, agitated.

I bite my lip nervously as he paces then stops in front of a wall.

I open my mouth to confront him but he pulls his fist back and punches the wall, making a giant hole appear.

I gape at him and scatter to my feet.

"There's punching bags for a reason you know! " I say in shock as I back up towards the door.

"Smart ass" He grumbles.

"Violent caterpillar" I huff and back up more.

"Goldi it's funny that you think I don't know you're trying to leave." He says without humor.

"It's worth a shot" I chirp and run down the hallway, yanking open the door and taking off down the street.

He's crazy.

I feel someone wrap their arm around my waist and pull me to a stop.

"It's dangerous to be running alone at night" Xavier says calmly.

"It's dangerous to deprive a girl of sleep" I slump in defeat and he keeps his arm around me.

"Yeah well, you didn't hear me through" He pouts.

"I heard enough to know you're going to beat Ryder's ass" I look up at him and fight back a happy smile.

"Yeah well, he's abusive so he's gonna get whats coming to him. In the meantime, break up with him. "

I laugh "yeah, I don't have a death wish. "

"I'll be next to you and if he tries anything that'll be his death wish" Xavier let's me go and I brush off my shirt, walking home with him beside me.

The majority of our walk is awkward silence, but I know he's only making sure I get home safe.

"Tomorrow, I'll be waiting at the door, you're ending it right away" He says, sounding bored as we stand in front of my door.

I awkwardly nod and give a small wave before running into my house and closing the door.

"Hey hunny" My mom appears and gives me a small hug.

"Hey mum, I'm really tired, I know I just got home but I'm heading to bed" Without waiting for her answer, I speed upstairs and close the door.

I'm extremely nervous for tomorrow and I know I won't be able to sleep, despite my exhausted state.

So instead, I pull out a book and read that.

~ ~ ~ ~

I smile as I read the last page in my book and I look out the window.