Uncomfortable

CHAPTER SIX: UNCOMFORTABLE

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦

"What do do with a mistake: recognize it, admit it, learn from it, forget it."

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦

"Practice match?"

Rin leaned her cheek further into her palm, a loud yawn falling from her lips as she vaguely listened. The boys were having their first practice match tomorrow. Rin's training with the boys had been successful the past week and a half, the boys told her that she was a better teacher than what she gave herself credit for. Her relationship with Kuroo and Kenma was building towards a stable and solid friendship, even Yamamoto and Yaku approached her more easily. (Yamamoto flushing and screaming a bit more than everyone liked.) She was civil with the rest of the players, but managed to keep most of them at arm's length. Especially Saruhiko, who seemed to have an ever-growing attitude. She heard him on more than on occasion yelling at Kenma to hurry up with cleaning - to which she would always just go help the first year boy with what he was doing. She also noticed his subtle glares towards Kuroo, and even Yaku when she spoke with the teams libero. Rin managed to avoid him well, mainly sticking with Kuroo and Kenma. Or even with her grandfather.

Her brother would be visiting next week, and Rin grew more and more excited each day she received a text. She embarrassed herself during lunch with Kenma and Kuroo the other day. Daisuke had sent her a picture of himself with his plane ticket squished against his cheek, Rin had yelped out in excitement and her face immediately flushed - Kuroo was more than amused.

Rin yawned again, rubbing at her eyes as the team did their usual huddle at the end of practice.

She was tired.

After the dream about her old team - and then talking with Kuroo about her parents - Rin had been avoiding sleep like the plague. It was the only thing that she was struggling with at this point, she was doing well in school and with the Volleyball team and even with Daisuke and her grandfather. But when it came time to fall asleep she was worried that she would dream of something she didn't want to. Now, when she finally did fall asleep out she usually dreamt of nothing. Still, after a week and a half, she was still worried about everything. Rin was never good at facing her problems. Dealing with problems out of anger? Maybe. But rationally dealing with her problems was always something she remained childish with. She would rather ignore the real problem at hand than deal with it. It was easier that way.

Sometimes.

"Are you still coming over today?"

Rin snapped her eyes open and blinked, "Huh?"

Kenma tugged at his hair softly, "You said you would dye my hair for me... Tora said I stand out, remember?"

Ah, she did. She was walking with Kenma when Yamamoto bumped into them, the first year yelled like no tomorrow about how Kenma should do something with his hair because he stood out. Kenma's face was anything but relaxed after that, and Rin had tried her best to calm both teens down. Ultimately, she grabbed Yamamoto by the back of his neck and forced him to bow and apologize before turning to Kenma and offering to cut his hair. Kenma, not really excited about cutting his hair, decided that bleaching it was what he wanted to do instead. So, Rin offered to go with him after school and dye it for him. It gave them time to hang out without Kuroo.

Rin smiled softly, ruffling her hair, "Mhm, we'll walk to yours when you're done changing."

Kenma nodded and left the gym to go change. Rin rubbed her eyes and pulled out her phone, unlocking it to see the messages she had from her brother.