Definitely

CHAPTER TWELVE: DEFINITELY

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦

"The best athletes in the world are those who are willing to push harder then anyone else, and go through more pain then anyone else."

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦

Daisuke leaned further into the palm of his hand, his shoulders hunched forward as he leaned against the counter. Rin's hair was held back by a few clips lazy, long strands still falling in between her eyes as she sliced and diced at vegetables. The man's eyes lazily looked around the kitchen, food was laid out neatly around, a few cases of soda and a few bottles of alcohol joining - obviously their grandfathers.

"You're dressed awfully nice for just a simple bbq?" Daisuke drawled, a sly grin making it's way onto his lips. Rin looked over her shoulder, providing her brother with a deadpanned look that excellently showed her lack of amusement at his comment. She was dressed fairly simply in a loose tank top that fell a little below her belly button, and a pair of drop crotch pants that fell low on her hips her feet were bare and her hair was as messy as it usually was. She wasn't dressed up per-say, but she was definitely wearing clothes that she pulled from the back of her closet. It's been a while since Daisuke had seen her wear anything besides jeans and shirt, or a pair of sweat pants and a sweatshirt. Point was, it's been a while she's actually looked forward to dressing up. The BBQ and her "date" to the Aquarium with Kenma and Kuroo were big steps for Rin, even if she didn't realize it - Daisuke definitely did. He wasn't dumb, he noticed the subtle change. The fact that she no longer fussed about her knee as much, or even complained about it. During their week of practices he noticed that she was smiling more, even if she did wake up sore the next day.

"Why are you so dressed up?" Rin muttered.

Daisuke grinned even wider, lifting his arm to flex, "Haaah? I thought my tank top was nice! It shows off my arms!"

Rin snorted, "Like you need to show them off, your regular shirts were tight enough."

Daisuke opened his mouth to retort but was cut off by the sound of Kogami barking near the front of the house. He raised a brow, a grin making it's way onto his face when Rin's head shot towards the door. She immediately called out to the dog, exiting the kitchen to go and open the door for whoever arrived. Daisuke reached over, grabbing a soda from the table and opening it up. Their grandfather walked in, dragging his feet lazily.

"I told you I could take care of her."

Daisuke snorted into the can of soda, pulling it away from his lips and setting it down onto the counter, "Don't get ahead of yourself, old man."

Yasufumi chuckled, a smug look crossing his face, "Why don't we make a bet out of something?"

Daisuke rose a single brow, "Old man, you should know by now that your gambling addiction is just as bad as your alcohol tolerance. I'm in."

Yasufumi rubbed his chin, "By the middle of the season Rin will realize her little crush on Kuroo-kun."

Daisuke let out a hearty laugh, slapping his hands over his stomach for emphasis on just how ridiculous his grandfathers statement was, "Do you even know Rinny? Old man, you're gonna lose."

"Oh?"

Daisuke grinned coyly, watching as Rin ushered Kuroo & Kenma towards the backyard where the BBQ was warming up, "The very last game of the season, she'll realize it at the end. She always does, old man."

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦

"Are you nervous?"

Rin looked up from her food, her cheeks puffed out while she chewed on the BBQ. Her eyes locked with Kuroo as he took a seat across from her, placing his plate down on his lap. Rin chewed a little quicker, swallowing her food and wiping at her mouth before she questioned him.