Daisuke

CHAPTER EIGHT: DAISUKE

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦

"Winning isn't everything-but wanting to win is."

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦

"Ma~an," Daisuke groaned, dropping Saruhiko's wrist after Kuroo took a step back. Saruhiko backed up, his eyes wide as he looked up at Daisuke. Her brother had definitely gotten taller, surprisingly so. She was sure that the doctors and medical trainers in America helped with that, as well as the obvious increase in muscle. His hair was disheveled and unruly, and the tight shirt he wore showed enough muscle to make Saurhiko squirm. There was one thing that remained the same about her brother.

He was still intimidating as hell.

"If I was a couple years younger I wouldn't hesitate to punch you right in the throat," Daisuke stated with a casual smile, "But considering I'm an adult, I have to let you go."

"Who - Who the hell are you?" Saruhiko stuttered, pursing his lips together as he tried to stand straighter.

"Hah?" Daisuke leaned closer to the 3rd year, pointing to his ear while he spoke, "Didn't you hear Rin? Daisuke. D-A-I-S-U-K-E. Did he hit you before I came in here? Or are you just dense?"

Saruhiko flushed.

Daisuke's aloof and (almost) comical demeanor was terrifying, his lips were pulled into a sly grin but his eyes narrowed so dangerously even Kuroo was scared, "Nekomata Daisuke, pleasure."

The color drained from Saurhiko's face, obviously Daisuke had seen him push Rin away and nearly swing at her. And if Kuroo was scared, he wasn't sure how Saruhiko was holding up (he really didn't care). Daisuke was nothing short of threatening. Just looking at him, he looked like the type of guy to beat your face in with a charming smile. Plus, Kuroo didn't remember the last time he actually had to look up at someone. Sure, the teen wasn't the tallest person in the school - but he had never met someone of Daisuke's height. The male looked to be well above 2 meters, it was no wonder why he played basketball in America.

Daisuke's bright blue eyes traveled from Saruhiko over to Rin and Kuroo, for a moment the two males locked gazes.

Daisuke's "serious" face dropped, and a large grin made its way onto his face, "You must be Kuroo-kun! I've heard a lot about you!"

Kuroo blinked, "Huh?"

"Daisuke!" Rin growled, her hand flying past Kuroo's face and straight towards Daisuke's chin. She really wanted to aim for his forehead like she use to, but he was taller than before and his chin was the easiest thing to thump with the heel of her hand.

Daisuke rubbed his jawline with a smirk, his eyes turning to look at Saruhiko almost lazily. The teen had attempted to take a step back in the little spat between the siblings, but Daisuke wasn't blind. The man grabbed the back of Saruhiko's shirt, raising a single finger and wagging it at the teen. His voice was light and almost friendly, but Saruhiko began to sweat even more at the tone. It made him uncomfortable, "Nuh uh uh~. You're coming with me, short stuff."

"W-Why should I?"

Daisuke grinned, and if Saruhiko was any less prideful than he already was, he might have pissed himself, "You're on the Volleyball team right?"

Saruhiko could only nod, afraid that he would stutter once more.

Daisuke clicked his tongue, "Well, there's a problem here. 'Cause Kuroo-kun is also on the team, and you just tried to knock his lights out. But that's not even the part that bothers me. You see, my sweet, lovable, little sister is the manager and I'm pretty sure you pushed her. I mean look at how fragile she looks, what if she's emotionally scarred for the rest of her life?"