Happy Birthday! [Dreamare]

Nightmare slept soundlessly on the base of the tree. Oh, but it's no ordinary tree, it was the tree of feelings, alive and colorful.

When Dream and Nightmare had decided a truce seven years ago, they both had slowly grew close, almost like before Nightmare went corrupted.

Almost.

Something had definitely changed. No, it's not because of Nightmare's goopy appearance but it was because in the span of seven years, he had grew closer than normal to Dream.

He had fallen in love with his brother.

Nightmare was terrified when he found out about it, he knows this was wrong but every day and night, he always somehow finds ways to love Dream even more.

Nightmare went from locking himself to ignoring Dream but when he found out Dream had been crying when he did those things he apologized and promised to never do it again.

He embraced the feelings but he swore to never tell Dream.

Unknown to him, Dream did know about this.

Dream detected the different kind of love that his brother seem to give off when it comes to him.

It was an ability of his that he developed when he and Nightmare were still in a war with each other. He never bothered to tell Nightmare about it.

Hence he did not know about it.

"... Er.. "

"...br.. He.. R.. "

"BROTHER!"

Nightmare woke up at the sudden yell and stood up straighter than a pole, his tentacles raising threateningly.

Dream giggled, his arms behind his back, hiding something.

Nightmare lowered his tentacles and sighed, "Dream, in the name of the multiverse, please do not do that!" Nightmare scolded him

"I could've killed you!" Nightmare continued.

"But you didn't!"

"And what if I decided that you aren't my brother but a threat and impaled you?!"

"You won't do that, I just know it!"

"The possibility of that happening is still there! Wait, what are you hiding?"

Dream stucked his tongue out and pulled out a present.

Nightmare stared at him dumbfounded before it all clicked.

'oh shit'

He thought.

"Happy Birthday, Nighty!" Dream smiled at him and gave him the box.

"Open up!"

Nightmare opened the present and inside was a strawberry flavored cake with something written on it.

A pair of lips crashed against his own and he stared at Dream's closed eyes before he kissed him back, the present had fallen on the floor and the cake was ruined but the writings are still readable.

"Will you be my lover for eternity?"

...

'hell yeah'

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Merry Christmas everyone! I'm sorry I didn't finish all my requests, I'm having writer's block and my university decided that there will be no vacation so I'm really sorry! But I hope you have a nice Christmas and a Happy New Year!