Paracletus ✔

TITLE: Paracletus

TIMELINE: Post 1978

OC NAME: Ophelia • Belby

FACECLAIM: Winona Ryder

LOVE INTEREST: Remus Lupin

STATUS: Taken by Nefarious98

DESCRIPTION:

"IT CANNOT STOP AND THERE'S NO WAY OUT. THE WOLF POSSESSES THE MAN AND IT'S HOWLING LOUD."

OR

Out of the very few people who held compassion for werewolves, one such person was Ophelia Belby. Seeing her mother suffering from lycanthropy till her last breath, even though she didn't deserve all the pain and hate, had set fuel to the fire in her heart of doing something good for the werewolves.

When she was taken up as an apprentice by her distant relative and hard working potioneer, Damocles, she presented the idea of searching a cure for lycanthropy. After years of hard work, they succeeded in brewing the Wolfsbane potion and even though it wasn't the complete cure, it still was a ray of hope to many.

The only problem after the potion had been ready for use was that no one was willing to come up to be the first successful taker of the potion as none affecting from lycanthropy wanted to disclose their status as a werewolf, afraid of the discrimination it would ensue.

But Ophelia had a solution for that too and decided to contact her former school mate Remus Lupin. Little did she know that with the Wolfsbane she was not only helping him but also very close to changing two miserable lives for the better.

NOTES:

•I know the description sucks, so you can change it but make sure that the idea of Wolfsbane is conveyed clearly through it since it is a major aspect of this story.

•Ophelia's mother died just two years after being inflicted by lycanthropy as she couldn't handle the intolerable pain she had to go through each month and also deal with the awful discrimination. Also, why is it that I have never seen female werewolves in fanfics?

•Damocles was a distant cousin or nephew (it's up to the author to decide) of Ophelia's father as they are both from the Belby family, you can check the Harry Potter Wiki for further reference.

•Ophelia and Remus knew each other at school and were on good friendly terms but were neither in the same year nor house. Ophelia was likely an year or two ahead of him and was a Ravenclaw.

•Ophelia probably accidentally came to know of Rem's lycanthropy when she visited him in the hospital wing after a full moon and saw that his wounds were being treated with silver and dittany. Since she had spent a lot of time looking after her mother as well, she knew immediately of his condition but kept silent about it.

•Keep in mind that Wolfsbane was able to relieve (but not cure) the effects of Lycanthropy by allowing the werewolf to retain his or her human intelligence while transformed.

•When the testing went by successfully, Remus was enthralled to see that their could be a way to get less hurt during transformations but discovered that the ingredient list was too expensive and the method for brewing it was too difficult. And as he wasn't good at potions, he abandoned the thought of using Wolfsbane altogether.

•Ophelia knows that and cautiously smuggles the right amount of wolfsbane to him just in time for the full moon making sure that Damocles doesn't know anything about it.

•Paracletus literally means a helper or apprentice but if you go deeper into the context of this Latin word, it also means Protector. Which in a way is most fitting for the story since by giving Rem the wolfsbane, Ophelia is protecting him as well as anyone who may unfortunately cross paths with him on a full moon.

•During some point in the story, Damocles does find out about how Ophelia was smuggling the potion to Remus and she gets fired from her job. Remus feels guilty for that but she assures him that it wasn't his fault.

•Further notes can be provided after the plot is taken. The story can be expanded in many ways and of course you can make Ophelia and Remus get together by the end of it.

PLOT BY:

Imaan (Purplemist14)