Chapter 4

Sorry for late update. But I've got a busy schedule so please cooperate.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was 4'o clock in the evening.

Neil, Avni and sulakshna reached the temple which was near Avni's house.

Avni had changed into a red plain saree and her head was covered with a heavily embroidered dupatta which was worn by her mother at the time of her marriage.

Neil had also changed into a white shirt and grey pants which he always kept in his car, incase he had to go somewhere directly from the police station.

Although, Sulakshna had badmouthed Avni under societal pressure but she always loved her. Afterall she is her daughter.
But being a widow herself and being dependent on her son and daughter in law, she did not have the courage to stand by Avni in such tough time. She was happy that Avni was blessed with Neil as a life partner.

Soon pandit Ji came and started with the rituals.

Neil(POV): I know my marriage with Avni is a sudden decision.
I don't know why I agreed to get married to her. I'm never so impulsive at taking such important decisions of my life.
Par Ab jab decide kar liya to kar liya.
Sundar hai, normal ladkiyon ke comparatively zyada hot hai aur iss laal saree mein to kuch zyada hi.
Uff!!!! Neil tu ye kya soch raha hai.
Finally, Ab meri life mein bhi koi hoga jisse main apna keh paunga, Jo meri family hogi.
But, what if vo iss rishte se khush nahi hai aur sirf majboori mein ye shadi kar rahi hai?
Mujhe us se baat karni hogi.

Neil(looking at Avni): Avni vo....

Avni: Main khush hoon Neil.(smiles). Aap bina mujhe jaane mere liye meri hi maa se lad gaye. Doosron ki fikr karne waale bohot kam hote hain is duniya mein.
Agar aap jaisa insaan mujhe jeevan saathi ke roop mein mile to mujhse zyada khushnaseeb koi ho hi nahi  sakta.

Neil was taken aback as to how she knew what was going on his mind. But was happy after what she said.

Neil: I promise main tumhe hamesha khush rakhne ki koshish karunga.

Avni: Main bhi.

Pandit Ji asked them to stand up for the seven pheras. Neil tied mangalsutra to Avni's neck and filled her hairline with sindoor.

They were declared to be husband and wife.

Sulakshna had tears in her eyes but they were tears of happiness. She blessed her daughter and son-in-law.

Neil held Avni's hand and asked,
Chalein wifey.....

Avni smiled at Neil's choice of words and nodded her head and said,
Of course hubby...
And she blushed.

Neil took her to the car and opened the door of passenger seat for her. She sat inside. Neil got into his seat and started driving.

Sulakshna stood at the doorstep of the mandir and watched her daughter go away. She mentally prayed to God to give her daughter a life filled with happiness and love.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

VOTE AND COMMENT.....