Chapter 7

Avni opened her eyes after a while and saw Neil. He was in deep thoughts. Avni knew that maybe there was no escape from this situation.
She locked the door and went towards Neil and stood in front of him.

Neil looked at her. Her eyes had no emotion at all.
She kept the bedsheet on the bed and turned back towards him.

She looked into his eyes and then looked down. She unpinned the pallu of her saree and let it fall on the ground.

Neil looked at her all shocked. Avni was about to open her blouse when Neil held her hands.

Neil: Ye kya kar rahi ho?
(What are you doing?)
Avni looked into his eyes and said,

Avni: Wahi Jo hona chahiye. Mujhe apne aap ko prove karna hai Neil.
(I'm doing that only which should happen. I need to prove myself)

Neil: You don't need to prove anything to anyone.... I repeat ANYONE. How can you even think that I'll do this to you?
He said in a firm tone.

Avni: Matlab,you don't find me worthy of sleeping with you.
She asked with tears flowing from her eyes.

Neil: Avni, that's not what I meant.

Avni: Then help me prove my virginity.

Neil: Are you mad? What are you even saying?

Avni: Neil, please. I request you. Please make me bleed. If your chachi throws me out of this house then where will I go.

Neil: Avni, I know we're married. But we hardly know each other. How can we have sex with each other when we've  known each other for not even a day.

Avni looked at him blankly. She was about to say something but Neil didn't let her complete.

Neil: What else were you saying? Make you bleed, haan. Avni its not necessary that if you're a virgin then you'll definitely bleed.
Tell me, if even after having sex you don't bleed. Then what?
Will then also you'll ask me to make you bleed anyhow?

Avni: Yes...
She whispered.

Neil looked at her in disbelief.
Neil: Do you even know what you're saying? You know for that I'll have to be so rough with you. It may even damage your private part and you may not be able to walk for weeks.
Do you even know how weak and pale you are? Even if this was a normal marriage and  we would have been madly in love with each other, even then I would have not made love to you. Just because you're too weak to handle it and not because you're not worthy enough. We'll only do it when we're ready. OK.

Avni was crying bitterly by now. She fell on her knees and said,

Avni: What will I do if chachi throws me out? Even my family has abandoned me. I don't have anyone besides you. Where will I go?

Neil held her by shoulders and made her sit in the bed. He wrapped that white bedsheet around her upper body, in order to cover her properly.He gave her a glass of water and made her drink it.

Neil cupped her face and said,
Neil: I'm not leaving you alone. There is a way out. If I payback chachi's money.

Avni: From where will you get so much money?

Neil: I have savings. But then, I won't be able to provide you with a good house. Police quarters are already fully occupied. We'll have to live on rent. And maybe in a one room house.

Avni: I'll be happy in any situation if you're with me.

Neil smiled.

Neil: Now, sleep. You look tired. Tomorrow morning I'll get the money. Also we'll move to a new place. Ok.

Avni: Hmmm... Good night.

$$############$$$$############

VOTE AND COMMENT.