Chapter 16

He walked up slowly to her. He opened her hands and wiped her tears.
But she didn't react. She was staring into nothingness. Neil found it hard to control himself from breaking down.

Her kurta was torn just above her breasts and sleeves were just hanging on her arms, badly torn apart.

He was feeling a mix of emotions inside him. It was anger for the bastard who dared to touch his wife and broke her so much, guilt for not being able to protect her, disgust at his fate and helplessness.

Neil: Avni... Avni.dekho main hoon Neil. Please say something. (Sobbing in between). Avni kuch nahi hua hai. You are safe. Please!

She did not reply or look at him. She was still sitting with the same expressions.

Avni!!! He shakes her holding her shoulders.

Avni looked up at him. Her lips wanting to say something. But words were not coming out.
He just hugged her tight. He was breaking each and every second looking at her broken self.

Avni started sobbing loudly. He firmed his grip over her.

Avni: Aaah.....Us..usne....mere......s..ss..saath

Neil: Shhh.... Bas. Calm down. Main hoon tumhare saath.

Avni: Take me home, please.

Neil broke the hug and wrapped her dupatta around her upper body so as to cover her wounds and torn up clothes.
He walked out of the room with her, his arms encircled around her just to make her feel protected.

As they reached the reception, DD noticed them and gave a shocked expression.

Neil: DD I'm taking Avni home. Just inform me when this bastard wakes up.

DD: Ji sir. Bhabhi theek haina.

Neil nodded.

DD: Aap ghar jaiye. Bhabhi ko bhi rest karna chahiye. Uss doctor ko main dekh loonga.

Neil smiled slightly looking at the concern in his voice. He nodded and left for home with Avni still in her own world.

.
.
.
.

The drive to home was silent. Avni held Neils arm tightly as if he would disapear.

They reached home and Neil brought Avni inside in the protective hold of his arms. He made Avni sit on the bed and went to the cupboard to get some clothes for her to wear and the first aid box.

Neil kissed her forehead and hugged her tightly. Avni clung onto him like a baby. She was not ready to loosen her grip on him neither did he want to. He wanted to comfort her, wash away her pain and get HIS Avni back.

After what seemed like eternity they parted. Neil cleaned her wounds and told her to change into new clothes. She simply complied. She had not uttered a single word since they were home.

Avni came out after changing. Neil hugged her and made her sleep patting her head gently.

###############################

VOTE AND COMMENT....