Chapter 5

Chapter 5

I stared at my computer screen. Ker and I had been talking for hours about the decrease in peaceful deaths and it had led to nothing but the insight that we might have to have a look into the mortals to figure out what was going on. I wasn't very keen on going there for obvious reasons but it also was quite dangerous. Slipping up would lead to humans getting aware of our presence and interfering with the balance of the universe and I could only justify messing with it so much before it became actually dangerous.

"You might want to talk to Aether and get him to fuse you to your body. This is just ridiculous. You can't even function properly." She exclaimed, throwing up her hands in frustration.

Yeah, no. No way in hell I was going to voluntarily talk to that douche. I was going to fix this, preferably without even having to look at him. I was way too proud to rely on his help in this mess. Or anyone's for that matter. I had been on my own my whole life and I had been able to handle everything else just fine and I'd be able to manage this. After that they could all stop worrying about their precious universe and leave me alone like they always did.

"Sure. If I'm already at it I will lube up my butthole real nice, so it's easier for him to be a pain in my ass." I huffed, making a disgusted face at the thought.

She burst out laughing, clutching her stomach and shaking her head before getting all serious again.

"It was a stupid joke of his to punish you for being so careless as to damage your vessel and I can kind of see why he would do that but it isn't funny anymore. It's dangerous. Get yourself functioning again so we can properly deal with this situation instead of acting like little children." She scolded before smirking. "How is your new babysitter? I heard he was kinda hot."

I groaned being reminded of how I made a complete and utter fool out of myself. I had yet to ask for his name but I already shamelessly info dumped half my knowledge on him and showed him my labs. I never knew when to shut up and probably already demonstrated how annoying I was. He was most likely whining about me to my brother right now, begging him to be replaced by someone else in order to get away from me. I frowned at that thought.

"I wouldn't know. I'm only attracted to the mere concept of science therefore, it doesn't allow me to assess people's mate potential." I flat out lied.

She smirked, stuffing dinner into her mouth before speaking with her cheeks bulging like a hard-working squirrel's which was very disgusting.

"You haven't had a partner in a long time. Wouldn't it be nice to have someone that can keep up with your quirks?" She asked.

Yes, I was painfully aware how long it had been, thank you very much for reminding me. It's not like it was an easy decision to stay alone and bathe in misery every day. I didn't particularly enjoy it either. I had my reasons and they were good reasons. Trying again with someone new would just reopen festering wounds that I tried my best to ignore and while I didn't necessarily do a good job at repressing memories I did a decent one and only fell down the rabid hole once in a while.

"No, thank you." I made sure to stress each syllable to give it more impact. "I'm certainly not going start something with Aether's spy."

She rolled her eyes and shoveled more vegetables into her facehole before enthusiastically munching down on it. Thankfully she decided to let it go at that and focus on her food. The more I watched her eat the hungrier I got. I couldn't wait for dinner to be ready. Funny how I always joked I needed someone to do my shit for me and now I had someone actually cooking for me.

"Solve the issue with Aether so we can deal with the actual problem." She demanded with her mouth full.

"Oh my god, Ker, can't you chew with your mouth closed and swallow before you speak. You are going to make me throw up." I complained.