Chapter 32

Hi! I managed to squeeze in this chapter in between uni and all kinds of tests I have to take but most importantly, it's double update day! The other chapter is the first chapter of "Salvation". I'd feel very honored if you spared a few minutes and went to check it out. Other than that, thank you for your support and have fun reading!

Chapter 32

He cocked his head to the side, smiling at me sadly. I knew, he knew. If everyone beside me being unable to see him wasn't giving it away, the light shimmer surrounding the edge of him surely was. He was dead. I was looking at his soul that for some reason hadn't been harvested yet. I could feel the numbness seep into my body. My brain decided it couldn't cope with all the emotions that were storming inside of me and just decided to not feel anything. Being on autopilot made things so much easier.

"Where is the body?" I asked quietly.

Mom stalked over to us while everyone ignored what I was saying or maybe they hadn't heard it. I couldn't gather the strength to repeat it louder for now and just watched my mother give my siblings a warm smile. She may be cold and cruel but to her children she was always pleasant and warm, being there for them and supporting them. Unless you counted me but that was an entirely different thing. She hated me with a passion.

"Hey mom!" Aether greeted her happily, throwing his arms around her waist.

She smiled at him and gave him a tight hug, taking his face into her hands and mustering him to make sure he was okay. Moros was up next and she proceeded to hug and inspect everyone until she went over to Hypnos and held open her arms to give him an embrace. He looked like he didn't want to but gave in for a moment before quickly stepping back. She ended with raking me with a disgusted sneer and completely ignored dad.

"What brings you here?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

"We want to ask for your permission to search your house." Aether told her, making her cock her head to the side, questioningly.

"I want to know where you are hiding Alexios' body." I mumbled but she heard me, judging by the way she snapped her head around.

She stalked over, fixating me and twisting her face into an angry, furious frown. Chaos dad growled at her, feeling threatened by her forceful approach. I had forgotten that she was almost an entire head taller than me, towering over me and glaring down at me. I should probably be scared by now and feel the need to run away but my new found numbness was enabling me to stay calm and confront her.

"What did you say?" She snarled, baring her fangs at me.

"You heard me." I replied with a steady vioce.

I could see Alexios walking over and standing beside me. I felt his soul brush against my vessel, giving me goosebumps and making me shiver. Something was wrong, I could sense it. He wasn't supposed to be here and should have been harvested days ago. I could feel Chaos whisper and while I couldn't make out what it was trying to say, I could feel that it was attempting to tell me to fix the situation. I just didn't know how and I didn't want to.

"How dare you speak to our mother like that?" Aether hissed at me. "You have no foundation for your accusations."

"Look at her face." I scoffed at him. " She is trying to hide it, probably because you are present and she knows of your infatuation with Alexios, most certainly not to do me a favor. Besides I can see him standing there, looking pretty dead to me."

"What?" Aether asked, voice weak.

"The face just like our family betrays us several times a day. It couldn't be more clearly displayed on her forehead." I growled, making my mother turn her attention towards me again. "Or am I mistaken, mother?"