Chapter 33

Chapter 33

I was standing in the kitchen, trying to get myself to think about anything other than what was going to come. I grabbed a bowl off the shelf, inspected it and started giving it a wash in the sink. There wasn't anything particularly wrong with the bowl, I just needed something to keep myself occupied with, so my brain wasn't going to go on a rampage, taking my sanity down with it in the process.

I had temporarily moved in with my dad since my house had been destroyed and had people there, constructing a new one. This one had a room for Zoe because she couldn't keep occupying my room while I was sleeping on the couch. My poor back would get destroyed and I would have to drag my mighty god's ass around by crawling. I even planned on adding a second room later on in her teenager years to meet up with friends because I read in a parent magazine that this was something you should be doing to give your spawn privay and room to develop their personality.

I used this opportunity to upgrade my labs and to stock up some equipment that I had fancied for a while but didn't have room to accomodate them. My plant children had mostly survived the reconstruction of my sphere and I was still going to use them as guards around my house. First day the craftsman showed up, one almost got eaten and that just proved their efficiency and handiness. Why pay for guard dogs when you can have guard plants? No one expects them to do anything.

Everyone had tried to convince me that Chaos dad was dangerous and that I needed to figure out a way to detain him but I knew he wasn't being a threat to anyone except for my mother. I was willing to give him a chance. I managed to fabricate a decent vessel for him by stealing DNA samples from my dad's tooth brush and basically cloning him with some minor changes to fit his kind of magic. He left me with some of his magic and now there were two twin sets in the near related family. Then he just needed a name people could call him with.

"Collin?" I had asked, raising an eyebrow.

"New body, new me?" He had suggested, smirking at me.

"You don't really look like someone who would be called Collin." I huffed, unsure if he was messing with me.

He looked exactly like my dad except his sclera turned black everytime he fused with his vessel and it was driving me nuts. I had tried to adjust the pigment in the eye, tried to up the concentration of enzymes that bleached the white part of the eye. Nothing helped. I mean, silver iris on black background looked pretty cool and all but I wanted to know why it did that. The science part of me wasn't satisfied with coolness.

"What do I look like then?" He grinned, wandering around the hospital lab.

"I don't know? Dark lord of all? Destroyer of worlds?" I huffed, watching him.

"That would be the best name, unfortunately it's too long and just unfunctional in everyday use." He snickered as he got used to his new meat suit.

I had let him wander off after that. My dad had been really upset that I hadn't even tried to get him to stay with me and to report him to the proper authorities. They knew anyway. I had gotten a letter to appear in the Olympian court at 8 am for my formal hearing on the subject of Aether's death, the disappearance of my mother and sudden appearance of Collin. They wanted to properly investigate the circumstances. I wasn't going.

The entire pantheon had been in turmoil. God hybrids and lower blood gods and goddesses were being born all the time but first generation, pimordial ones were, as the name said, the first ones. Apparently, wrapping their head around the concept of Erebus being split in two was too much for the Olympians' tiny brains. I didn't care, I had better things to do than dealing with their false sense of entitlement. Like fending off the nymph who kept offering tea to me.