Chapter 23

This one's for @RunHuaLi. I thorougly enjoy your comments.

Chapter 23

I felt Alexios pull me closer, deepening the kiss. I burrowed my hand inside his hair, feeling the locks curl around my fingers and him responding to me tugging at them desperately. He grabbed me and lifted me up, placing me onto the kitchen table. He ran his hands down my leg and back up to my hip again, giving it a gentle squeeze. He was about to pull off my pants as I arched myself against him before I realized what we were doing or better where.

"Not here." I moaned against his lips. "Zoe needs to eat here."

He licked over my bottom lip before he pulled away, making me want to throw my reservations out of the window and just do it right here but I caught myself. Somehow. He took a step back and brushed over his clothes, straightening them out in the process and then brushed through his hair to get them to look somewhat organized and not like someone tried make a birds nest out of them. He sighed and went to sit down.

"I didn't say you needed to stop doing what you were doing." I purred, hopping off the table. "Just somewhere else."

A playful smile spread across his face as he approached me again. He bend his head down to nip at my bottom lip, making me smile at him. He went over to the fridge to take out the ice cream before coming back to me again, grabbing the pizzas and me and teleporting off the lonely island in the dark and angry black sea. We reappeared outside of a door that belonged to an appartment which was part of an even bigger complex Aether had set up for members of his military and their family.

"Welcome to my place." Alexios announced, holding his arm to the door which beeped and opened up.

Now that was cool. Cool and pretentious. I instantly wanted one for my two labs. Maybe those DNA scanners combined with a retina scan would finally be the answer to all my prayers. No one would ever be able to enter them again. Unless they busted through the walls or something similar to that. I still needed to find some material that was god proof but once I found that, the labs and my inventions were safe.

He pushed the door open and walked in with me right at his heels. I didn't want anyone to see me standing outside of his front door like a lost puppy. There was a difference between messing with Aether by taking his favorite away and making him love you, even though I didn't necessarily do that on purpose and boldly trespassing on his property. Even worse, doing so for a romp. That was already considered betrayal between friends, let alone enemies.

I looked around the room we were standing in. I liked the general design of it. It was half kitchen half living room with no apparant division between them, just a fluent passage from one to the other. I didn't know what I expected but I was disappointed. The room was lacking personal items and the only thing that might help me get a read into his personality was the color of the wall which was a pale yellow and part of Ather's symbol. Now that was major turn off.

I heard him close the door behind him, setting the food onto the counter, leaning against it. I felt his hot stare on my back, inviting me to turn around. Pretending not to notice him just resulted in him getting impatient and wrapping his arms around me, his hit breath caressing the back of my neck. He started placing kisses behind my ear and continued down a path across my neck and down to my shoulder , leaving the skin sensitive and tingly.

"Why so impatient?" I laughed breathlessly.

"Mhmn." He uttered, clearly not in the mood to talk about it.

I rolled my eyes at that but didn't get to say anything else since he spun me around and claimed my mouth again, making me sigh. I figured it was because I had been teasing him earlier and now he didn't want to wait any longer. He somehow managed to move us over to the bedroom with bumping into everything along the way and falling over things while still kissing me, fingers creeping underneath my shirt and stroking the skin on my hip bone.