1

Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

Stupid girl,

Bitch

Hoe

You're so worthless you shouldn't even be here at all. Crazy stupid hoe

You should fall of a cliff and die.

Cassie the dummy

How I wish you weren't born

You're just a mistake!

My father hits me as he utters each word

"Derrick! No stop! Please" my mum shouts at him pleading

Derrick drags me to the bathroom sticks sticking my head into the toilet.

He does it a couple of times before I pass out.

I jolt awake from my horrible nightmare. Sigh

It's been 7 years since I left home.

Home

Sigh

I wish I could say I miss it but no, I miss the twins and that's it.

I switch on the light in my room and walk to the bathroom.

Shit

I look a mess. Staring at myself in the mirror. There's sweat on my forehead, my shirt is soaked, my eyes are red and my lips are pale.

What a nice way to start my day.

I have a quick bath, put on my jogging outfit and head out for a jog.

I love nature a lot. I love the way the early morning breeze blows freely caressing the trees and my soul with its touch.

I love how the sun lights up the world and the flowers bloom. I love when it rains too, it feels like the sky has a mind of its own and just like us the sky has days full of ups and downs and just somehow that makes me feel better.

An hour later I'm back home because I need to get ready for work. Mr Rogers wouldn't be too pleased if I don't take stock of the new items delivered to the shop.

Yeah. I'm a stock keeper. The pay is not enough but it's manageable. I mean it pays my bills and I get little change for food too.

When I'm done having my bath, I wear my work clothes which includes just a faded Blue Jeans and my Credo's supermarket T-shirt. I put my hair up in a bun, wear my shoes and head out with my wallet and keys.

Nothing fancy but okay.

******

"Good morning Cassie" Joe says and I smile. Joe takes care of the building alongside some others.

"Good morning Joe. How was your weekend?" I help him push the carts to the back.

"It was really nice. My son and his wife came over with their kids and we all just enjoyed ourselves."

"Oh my dear you know you don't have to do that. You should head inside before Mr Rogers comes"

"Nahhh, it's cool. Besides you're getting old. And as for Mr Rogers. I still have some time before he comes in" I pat his shoulder reassuringly and walk inside the building.

Credo's is one of the biggest supermarkets in New York. And with that comes a huge stock. So I have to keep account of everything. Well not just me. Samantha and Louis also work with me too and the best part is they're my best friends. They've been down for me since the beginning.

I'm the head stock keeper due to the fact that Sam and Louis argue a lot.

"Cassie!" Sam comes behind me, nearly killing me with heart attack.

"When did you get here?" I place my hand on my chest and turn around.

"A minute ago. Why are you here so early?" she asks and I roll my eyes

"Are you trynna say I'm a late comer?" I give her a stern look

"Well you know..." she trails of and smiles sheepishly.

"You're no fun at all" she smacks my shoulder and I laugh

"Anyway Mr Rogers brought in New items so I need to take stock and be ready to deliver before he arrives" I continue taking count of the new items dribbling down on my notepad.

"Ugh Mr Rogers" Sam rolls her eyes and I just shake my head and smile.

She has never liked him

Just as we're taking stock Louis walks in with some coffee and snacks, smiling.

"Someone's in a good mood today" I tease

"Sure is" Sam chips in

"So I can't be happy anymore?" he scrunches his nose at me in a funny way and I laugh.

"Here, these are for you guys" he hands us the coffee and snacks

"Awww thank youuuuu" Sam gives him a hug

"thanks lu" I say and he chuckles trying to get Sam of him.

*******

"Miss Fortz I expect everything to be in good shape because we'll be having guests tomorrow and I don't want anything to go wrong or your job will be on the line" Mr Rogers states

"Am I clear?" he draws out and I just fight the urge to roll my eyes

"crystal clear sir"

"Good you may leave now" And with that I walk out of Credo's with a very tired Louis and a grumpy Sam.

I guess tomorrow is gonna be more stressful.

Oh well

My name is Cassie Fortz.
I'm 23.
And this is my story.