7

Yawwwnnnn

I stretch my limbs before opening my eyes. Ready to start my day.

Heading out for a quick jog before I shower.

6:00Am

Jeez, I got an hour left before I'm late for work.

I quickly rush back home. Have my bath and pick my outfit for today.

I haven't even heard from Sam and Louis. I remember just as I'm entering the office.

"Layla, how's everything" I ask

"Hmmm I don't know. I'm just living life" she says looking really sad. Deciding against disturbing her. I just walk to my desk.

Ring

Ring

Ring

"Hello, Credo's supermarket, how can I help you?" I answer.

"Miss Fortz, I'll be sending over some contractors, they'll take a look at the building and start working tomorrow. So from tomorrow, the supermarket would be closed for renovations. We're planning on making it a mall instead. Pass the message to the other staff. They'll be off work for a week."

"Am I clear?" he asks

"yes sir, I'll do that right away." and with that he ends the call.

What are we supposed to be doing until then?

I quickly take the mic and announce to the others to meet me at the conference room by 3:00pm

An hour later Layla comes to inform me that the contractors are around.

Perfect

"Hello Miss Fortz." says one of the contractors. He stretches his hand to shake me and I comply.

"Good day sir"

"Now, now, we'll like to see the ins and outs of the building."

I show them around. Explaining how everything works. We visit the parking area, the roof top, everywhere.

"That was a nice tour miss Fortz. So I guess we'll be starting work tomorrow?.

"yes you will" I reply

"Alright then. We should take our leave now." he says and we Shake hands again before he leaves

                           ******

"I called you all here to inform you that you'll be temporarily off work for a week. Mr Rosario's instruction as the super market would be undergoing renovations." I explain

"So from tomorrow. And the whole of next week please don't come to work"

"As for the sanitation department, Mr Gilbert?" I turn to see him giving me a death glare.

"You and your crew will resume work next week Thursday to keep the place tidy"

"Am I clear?" I ask just to irk him

"Yes ma'am" he says annoyed

That's better

"The department incharge of electricity supply and technology will resume on Thursday too. Just to make sure everything is okay."

"And lastly the stock department" I turn to Sam, Louis and Harry, my replacement

"Will be resuming on Friday to make sure everything is in check" I tell them

"That'll be all guys, any other information will be passed on to you if need be. You can leave now" I say

After the days work, I take account of everything and then head home.