5

Never in my life did I think that one day I'll be the manager of some big enterprise.

I go over the email sent to me by Mr Rosario

Meet me at SAGE by 7pm sharp
We need to discuss the well-being of Credo's.

Rosario Inc.

I go over the email again to be sure that my eyes aren't deceiving me.

"Miss Fortz you have a meeting with the head of sanitation department in 30 minutes" Layla says

I didn't even hear her come in.

"Jeez, Layla just call me Cassie okay?"

"I think I like miss fortz better" she smiles walking away.

"Hey layla" I call

"Hope you don't feel bad about Mr Rogers leaving because of me" I intertwine my fingers

"Not at all Miss Fortz. He was a douche bag anyway" she throws me a thumbs up and walks back to her office.

My phone rings for the umpteenth time. Who calls more than once

An unknown number flashes on the screen. The same number from before.

I answer and a very angry Mr Rosario replies

"Mrs Fortz I don't appreciate such inconsistency coming from you. I expect you to pick up your phone at all times considering the fact that you're managing a business enterprise--" 

"Uhm S-ir" I interrupt

"It's miss fortz" I correct

"So of all the things I said that was the only thing that got your attention!? You're so unbelievable miss Fortz. I suppose you've received my email"

"Yes sir I have."

"Very well"

"uhm Sir?"

"Yes miss Fortz?"

"How'd you get my number" I smile sheepishly not like he can see me anyway.

"I have my ways" and he hangs up

Of course, I should've known. I mean he's a billionaire he can basically get anything he wants with a flick of his fingers. 

I continue checking other emails taking off my heels in the process.

I should check up on Louis and Sam later.

                          ********

After ensuring that the supermarket is  secure and that everyone is out, I check my watch to see that it's 6:30pm
Great! I have 30 minutes to get to sage.

"Have a lovely evening Joe" I call out to him

And he comes from behind the carts he was pushing.

"Right back at you Cass. You know I haven't had the time to actually thank you for the other day"

6:32pm

"You really don't have to thank me Joe. I gotta run though, I'll see you tomorrow"

Hailing a taxi, I give him my directions and rest my head a bit before we get there.

I'm so hungry. Haven't had time to eat all day.

I should Prolly go shopping. I need new clothes.

"Ma'am we're here" the taxi driver says and I nod. I hand him the cash and walk into sage.

"Good evening ma'am, how can I be of help to you." the receptionist says her smile looking forced and unnatural.

"Well, I'm supposed to be meeting Mr Rosario" I say sounding unsure

"Rosario incorporated?" I chip in already feeling nervous

7:01pm

"Hmmm let me see" she checks her computer

"Oh yeah. That's table 21 the VIP section. You can go right in, an usher will lead you there." I don't wait for her to finish. I just walk in, meeting an usher on the way.

"Table 21? VIP section?" I tell him and he doesn't answer he just keeps looking at my cleavage

Cleavage?

I quickly look down

Shit! I didn't know I lost a button. No wonder.

"Hey! Mr! Eyes up here. If you're not gonna do your job then you shouldn't be here. Your inconsistency is highly unacceptable" poking his shoulder with my finger not once, not twice but  three times.

I sound just like Mr Rosario

"I-i-im sorry ma'am. This way please."

7:09pm

Great!

I walk towards the table and Mr Rosario asks me to sit.

"I clearly stated that I dislike tardiness" he says without giving any emotion whatsoever making it hard to decipher what he's thinking.

"I'm very sorry sir. It won't happen again" I apologize, taking out the supermarkets report, I lean over handing him the report and as he moves to take it our hands touch.

He hands feel so warm against my skin.  I look up at Mr Rosario and notice that he eyes isn't on my face but on my cleavage. I feel my cheeks heat up and just as I thought things couldn't be any worse my stomach rumbles.

Perfect

I quickly lean back into my seat and Mr Rosario clears his throat.

"I can see you're hungry Miss Fortz" he says my name so smoothly and only then do I notice he has a bit of Italian accent.

"Uh N-N-No I'm not" I cross my hands above my chest and look away shyly

He completely ignores me and orders the waiter to get me a menu

"What would you like miss fortz" I stare at the menu. I can't afford this. They're all so expensive.

"Miss Fortz?"

"Mr Rosario I'm not so hungry anymore" Just as the words leave my mouth my stomach rumbles again

I stand corrected.