one.

-

the drive thru was packed full of cars that stretched around the building, and lucas groaned softly, the noise making a puff of steam appear around his lips, and he pulled his scarf tighter around him as he pulled himself out of the car and into the building of the cafe, wishing he didn't have to step out into the icy cold.

he tugged open the door, and immediately his body sagged in relief as the warmth spread over him, the chime of the bells making his belly feel warm as he shut the door behind him and entered the cafe quietly, heading up to the counter and letting his eyes skim over the menu even though he already knew what he wanted.

"hi, what can i get for you?" a sweet voice chimed, and his eyes flickered down, his mouth opening a little in surprise at the beautiful girl standing in front of him. her blond hair cascaded down her shoulders in big beautiful curls, and her pink soft lips were pursed as her bright blue eyes glanced up and down over him, twinkling with amusement.

"for me? you've already got me something just standing there for me to look at," lucas's words floated off his tongue without thinking, and the blonde girl raised an eyebrow, a small laugh escaping out of her mouth. his eyes flickered down to her nametag.

lilia.

"lilia. what a pretty name. pleased to meet you. i'm lucas," lilia ignored his words, though a pink tint had appeared on her cheeks at the compliment. "are you going to order or not?" the amusement in her voice was clear, but lucas just stared at her with a smirk, and he noticed her shift her weight to her other leg with a sigh.

"only if you let me buy you a coffee too," he said suddenly, and she laughed again, and then realized he wasn't kidding. "oh- uh... okay. all right, then." lucas ordered a coffee for himself and for his brother, and waited for lilia's shift to end as he sat perched in the corner of the shop, keeping his eyes on the beautiful girl as she took customers orders. a couple times her gaze flitted over to him, then snapped back immediately, her cheeks burning red again.

finally, her shift ended, and she swept over to his table, having changed into a sweater and jeans, a small smile on her face as she plopped next to him, cupping her hands around her steaming coffee. "so, lucas, who are you?" she questioned, and a smile felt it's way to his lips.

"i don't know. who do you think i am?" he asked. she smiled, and a small laugh escaped her mouth again. "i'm not sure... but i know i'll find out."

-
author's note :)

okay so obviously it's short bc that's how all my first chapters are bUT i'm so so excited for this book and i hope you are too!

since there's not a main ship and i used face claims, this book is probably going to not get a lot of reads, and that makes me sad, so comment if you're gonna read and i'll reply hehe but uh tell me your thoughts!

if you uh care, tag a couple friends and help me out here in the pits of a beginning book!

ALSO, if you haven't come from there, my instagram is @/aylalavange and i love to hear your thoughts and see you guys active on my profile! sO yeah make sure you drop a follow and if you want send me a message. :)