five.

-

finn pushed through the crowd of people, smiling and nodded as people greeted him.

he noticed someone along the side of the pool, tights underneath a large coat, and the blonde girl clutched it close to her body as she shivered.

finn slipped through the crowd towards her, and tapped her on the shoulder. "you look lost," he chimed, and when she turned around, his mouth dropped open, and her eyes lit up with recognition. "finn?" she laughed. "i didn't expect we'd be meeting this soon!"

he smiled as lilia seemed immediately more relaxed. "must be fate," he laughed back. she glanced around again, furrowing her eyebrows. "are you looking for someone?" finn asked, following her gaze.

"oh- no. just uh, taking it all in." she smiled, but he thought there must've been something she was hiding from him. "do you wanna go somewhere? talk?" he offered, and she sighed, glancing around once more before nodding.

"c'mon, i'll give you the tour!" he laughed as he took her hand and pulled her inside. gaten was at the head of the table filled with drinks, and he smiled brightly as he saw finn with the beautiful girl. "this is lilia," finn said. "this is my friend gaten." gaten extended a hand, and lilia took it with a small giggle. "nice to meet you," she greeted. "your first big party?" gaten asked, seeing her shudder as he handed her a drink.

"oh- uh, no. i just don't really know anyone, see, i go to school at millwood." gaten frowned. "how did you get invited, then?" before lilia could answer, a loud obnoxious giggle sounded from across the room, and they glanced over, seeing a glimpse of finn's ex, millie, talking to a boy. finn rolled his eyes as gaten gave him a look. "did you talk to her yet?"

finn shook his head. "nope. and i don't intend to." lilia turned to him, a question on her face. "who is that?" finn sighed as gaten chuckled. "that's my ex. we, uh, just broke up last week, actually. only a few people even know..." he snorted as he realized he hadn't even told him brother about the break-up.

lilia squinted after her. "she's pretty." finn didn't want to talk about millie at the moment, instead took lilia's hand and pulled her through the party. "sadie!" he called, and a redheaded girl turned, her hair flowing down her back, and smiled at lilia. "hey, i'm sadie." she held out a hand, and lilia took it gratefully, as another brown haired boy appeared beside sadie. "i'm noah," he said with a laugh, and lilia shook his hand as well. "i'm lilia, uh, nice to meet you." they laughed and sadie handed lilia another drink.

"so, what grade are you in?" sadie asked curiously, as lilia sipped her drink. "i'm a junior this year," lilia said. "at millwood." noah wrinkled up his nose. "ugh, millwood? you should transfer to hawkins."

lilia laughed, and finn was relieved she was getting along well with his friends. a couple minutes after they were talking, a dark skinned boy slipped up to the group. lucas's best friend and the host of the party, caleb, muttered something into sadie's ear and then walked away. sadie smoothed her hand down on her shirt, hesitating a second before saying quickly, "uh, i have to go to the bathroom," and jumping away so quickly that she knocked over a drink that was sitting on the table.

noah laughed and watched her hurry away before saying, "i'm gonna go find a cute boy," and winking before heading off in the other direction. lilia and finn were left alone. "do you wanna go somewhere more private?" finn offered, and she nodded.

he took her up the stairs and into caleb's bedroom, where she gave him a suspicious look. "trust me," he said, opening the window and climbing onto the roof, and taking lilia's hand to help her out after him. she breathed out softly as the gust of cold wind hit her face, and he closed the window, taking a seat as she settled down next to him.

she wrapped her arms around her knees, glancing out into the darkness as finn breathed softly beside her. "sucks that you go to millwood," he said, and she sighed. "yeah... there's more then one person i'd like to be around at hawkins..." oh, she must have liked my friends very much, finn thought with a smile.

"you're cuter in person, wolfhard," she chuckled, and she reached down, taking his hand and linking her fingers through his. he looked into her soft eyes, and she bit her lip gently. "you're the most beautiful person i've ever seen," finn breathed back, and he leaned forward, their lips were inches apart, and then-

a whine echoed as the front door banged open, and they jumped apart, even though they couldn't be seen from the shadows of the rooftop. a girl and a boy stumbled out of the front door and down the street, and finn and lilia waited until they were out of sight before he turned back to her.

"can i kiss you now, please?" finn whimpered, and lilia laughed before leaning forward, her lips sliding against his softly, and moving alongside his, making him dizzy and feel like there was no better way to be spending this moment.

-
author's note :)

i forgot this story existed part. 2

sorry bout that ;)

promise i'll write more !!