six.

-

mistakes always suck. and this one bubbled in lucas's stomach the second he opened his eyes, feeling millie curled in his arms, jammed in the back of his car. he brushed her soft hair off of his bare chest as he sat up, making millie grumble, rubbing her eyes as she sat up, only wearing lucas's jacket, and ran her fingers through her curly hair.

he picked up his phone, checking the time, and groaning as he saw several mixed texts from caleb and finn.

where are you at?

hey. dude? where did you go?

did you leave?

why aren't you answering your phone?

i have some NEWS. i kissed this girl...

hey, wait, did you leave?

why aren't you at home? did you go home with a girl? why didn't you say something?

millie laughed lightly as she looked out the window at the snow falling lightly outside the car. "i feel like crap. how much did i drink last night?" she asked, as she pulled her dress on.

lucas chuckled. "must've been a lot." his heart ached at not being able to see lilia the night before. what if she got hurt?

he realized he didn't even have her number, which made him frown. he pulled on his shirt and his jeans, and crawled into the front seat next to millie as he drove her home. when he arrived, she stopped before opening the door, and looked at him. "uhhh, you know i'm in love with finn, right?" he chuckled. "yes, millie. i know." she flashed him a bright smile, and said, "oh. okay, good." before opening the door and hurrying into her house, running her hands through her hair to calm it.

he stared after her for a second, then sighed, reversing the car and heading home. this was definitely going to backfire on him later on.

-

lilia buckingham was a quiet sort of girl, but she was more quiet then ever the day after the party, sipping her iced tea and letting her thoughts mull over in her head while sofia and cory argued about who's half of the twinkie was bigger. she kissed a boy. a different boy then she'd gone out of her way to go to a party for, but was nicer then she'd expected and now she was conflicted and confused.

"hey?!" sofia waved her hand in front of lilia's face with a frown. "can you please pay attention? this is important." lilia blinked, and nodded, taking another swig of her drink and stirring the straw around. "okay. what's happening?" cory and sofia exchanged a look.

"WHO'S TWINKIE HALF IS BIGGER?!" cory blurted, and lilia choked on her drink as the two laughed at her. "kidding," cory chimed. "uh, we just wanted to make sure you're okay. you've been acting off all week, especially today. you've been super distant and quieter then usual. is everything okay at home?"

lilia's lips parted with surprise, and she nodded. "yeah, yeah. uh, everything is fine. actually, better then fine." a smile crept onto her lips, and she hid it behind her hand as sofia and cory crowed in excitement.

"you better spill, right now." sofia announced, and lilia glanced around cory's living room before setting down her drink. "remember that boy i told you i met in the coffee shop the other day?" sofia and cory nodded their heads quickly. "yes... did he ask you out?" cory said eagerly.

"uhh, not exactly. i hung out with him again," lilia continued to speak over cory and sofia's excited squeals. "and he invited me to a party. and so i went, but i didn't see him there. i saw another boy i've been talking to, and i kinda- well, i kissed him." cory and sofia's mouthes were hanging open at this point. "and now i'm confused on what i should do, but i don't have the other boy's number, and... ugh." she buried her head in her hands. cory and sofia exchanged a look.

"who is this other boy?" sofia asked carefully. lilia glanced up. "uh, he messaged me on instagram... and we talked a little, but i wasn't even expecting it..." cory perked up. "can... we see?" lilia raised her eyebrows. "uh, okay." she pulled out her phone and opened it up to finn's profile.

cory and sofia peered over lilia's shoulders, their mouths twitching into grins

cory and sofia peered over lilia's shoulders, their mouths twitching into grins. "and what about the other boy?" sofia asked. lilia sighed. "well, that's the problem. i didn't get his number or anything." she sighed, letting her head roll onto cory's shoulder.

he just laughed at her. "it's 2018, lills. what's his name?" he picked up her phone, and lilia's voice trembled as she said it out loud to her friends. "uh, lucas. lucas zumann." there was a horrible silence as cory tapped on her phone, and then he chuckled and handed it back. lilia's mouth gaped as she looked at the screen in front of her.

"oh, lills

"oh, lills. what year are you living in?" sofia snorted, and lilia smacked her arm playfully as she slowly clicked onto lucas's dms. "what do i say," she asked, her heart suddenly pounding.

cory and sofia exchanged a look. "invite him over? or something?" lilia puffed air out of her lips, starting to type.

i didn't see you at the party yesterday! but, i'm wondering if you want to hang out soon?

YOU WERE THERE

his reply was almost instant, and a smile tugged at her soft lips as she titled the screen away from her friends.

YES OML

DUDE I WAS WAITING FOREVER

guess we'll just have to hang out another time :(

like when bc i'm free now

you could come over if you want :)

share your location. i'll be there in ten.

lilia knocked her friends off the couch and ushered them out the front door, her arms tingling with excitement as she slammed the door behind them and tripped over herself jumping up the stairs. the tossed through her closet, her heart thumping.

lucas zumann is going to be at my house in less then ten minutes.

-

author's note :)

I FORGOT THIS BOOK EXISTED IM SORRY