seven.

-

lilia jumped and smashed her head onto a hanger as she heard her front doorbell ring. her heart thumped as she hastily shoved everything into her closet and shoved the door closed, turning off her light and tripping on the stairs, falling all of the way down the staircase and straightening her hair as she gasped for breath, throwing the front door open with a cheesy smile.

lucas had his hands thrown in his pockets, a smile on his face as well. "i could've sworn i heard a crash in there, beautiful. was that you?"

"must've been the cat," lilia said hastily, gesturing him in, and he took his time, his eyes floating around her living room. lilia bit her lip as she shut the door.

"what's your cat's name?" lucas asked. lilia's eyes widened. "what cat?" he chuckled, and she furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "you can have a seat on the couch, if you want," she said, walking past him and glancing at the large cushioned couch in front of them. "do you want something to drink?" she asked, worry filling her voice.

lucas smiled. lilia glanced back at him, her hair swinging in her face, and she tucked a piece behind her ear as lucas took a seat on the couch, his legs spread lazily as he smiled at the girl. she furrowed her eyebrows again, her lips twitching as he watched her. "what- what are you doing?" she asked, her voice light.

"watching you," he whispered, and lilia hurried into the kitchen, biting back her smile as she poured ice into a cup, jumping as lucas slid his arms around her waist. she shivered at the feeling, and relaxed into his arms, as he tucked his face into her neck. "i've been thinking about you all week," he murmured into her shoulder, his lips brushing again her collarbone, making goosebumps appear on her skin.

his strong scent filled her nostrils and she lay her head back on his chest, her hand frozen on the cup. "c'mon, let's go upstairs." then he was gone, and lilia forgot about his drink, skipping up the stairs after him, heading down the hallway to where he'd already found her room.

she winced at her closet as he opened the door, examining the pile of clothes strewn across the floor, but he just laughed and shut it, taking off his shoes and throwing himself onto the bed, opening his arms.

lilia just say across from him with a smile, crossing her legs and tilting her head to the side. "i cant believe i didn't see you at that party," she breathed. she eyed his dark eyes, and inched her hand out until their fingers touched, her breath catching in her throat.

finn flashed into her mind suddenly, his lips pressed against hers, tasting like alcohol and sweat, and she winced the memory away. she was here, now.

"oh!" lucas pulled out his phone. "i, uh- i painted a picture of you. if you want to see-,"

"oh! yes, of course," lilia gasped, scurrying to his side and her smile leaving her face as she saw the picture of the artwork.

"do you not like it?" lucas asked nervously as lilia stared at it. "no! i just- wasn't expecting it to be so- good," she giggled a little, and lucas' cheeks turned red. "it's so, so beautiful." she said honestly. he smiled. "i'm glad you like it."

"hey, you made a painting of me, am i allowed to take pictures of you? i- wanna start a photo album." lucas nodded, and lilia scurried to grab her camera before holding it up, adjusting the lens and peering through. she moved to the side, lowering the camera so the lighting was perfect, before she snapped the picture. she smiled as she checked it, then snapped a couple more of his shining face before setting it down.

her eyes traveled over the taken pictures, capturing his bright cheesy smile, his head tipped lightly to the side, making his curls fall into his face. freckles dotted up and down his cheeks, and lilia felt her stomach get tight.

"you're a good model," she said, and he laughed at this, shaking his head. "i'm nowhere near as beautiful as you," he said softly, reaching out and tucking a piece of lilia's hair behind her ear. she shivered at this, and bit her lip gently. "you're a lot different then a lot of boys i've met before," she said, and he grinned.

"and you're the most special girl i've ever met," he whispered. their lips were inches apart, and lilia's heart was racing, then-

"wait, fuck, what are we gonna tell our kids when they ask where our first kiss was?" lucas said suddenly, pulling back.

"wait- our? what," lilia protested, her cheeks turning bright pink. lucas grinned at her. "the answer will not be 'your mom's bedroom'," lucas concluded, and took lilia's hand, pulling her to her feet and they grabbed shoes quickly, lilia locking the front door behind her as lucas pulled her into his car.

"where are we going?" she asked with a light laugh, as he pulled down the street. her cheeks were still bright red, her breathing quickened from the almost touch. and- he had mentioned them having kids. wasn't that moving a bit quickly?

she brushed it off as he stopped at a nearby park. she followed him into it, her boots crunching in the dirt as they walked. it was cold outside, and lilia pulled her coat tighter around her. lucas reached out without a word, and lilia let him take her gloved hand.

"you know, i've never known this quickly before." he said, stopping, and taking her other hand. they were in front of a frozen pond, snow was coating the ground. "known what?" she voiced lightly, her words trembling as they came out.

he just smiled, his eyes flicking down from her eyes and hesitating on her lips before he looked back up at her, stepping a little closer. she shivered as he placed his arms around her waist. he looked at her for a moment longer.

"god damn it, won't you just kiss me already?" lilia said, gasping a little as the words escaped her mouth without control. he threw his head back with a laugh, and leaned forward, she eagerly pressed herself forward against him.

his lips were full and soft, filled with warmth. he tasted like cinnamon and christmas, and lilia couldn't help tightening her arms around his neck, desperate to feel this moment forever.

when they finally pulled apart, she was out of breath, but it wasn't because of the kiss, it was just because she had surprised herself. she smiled in spite of him looking at her, and he grinned back. "shall we, mi'lady?" he asked, extending his arm, and with no hesitation, she took it.

author's note

hi omg sorry i haven't updated in 584839 years i'm trying to do a loop and update everything! my new book 'sugar' is out now, as is a special oneshots book for random short stories. i hope you enjoyed the chapter!

does anyone actually read this book smh lmao