two.

-

finn lay sprawled across his bed, his hands rested lazily on his sweatpants, glancing at the snow outside the window, wishing that lucas would hurry up with his coffee. he'd asked for him to pick up one hours ago, and he said he would but it looked like he'd forgotten about him. he puffed out air in frustration, picking up his phone and unlocking in, ignoring a text from his girlfriend- well, ex-girlfriend, millie, which read:

i'm sorry, finn. please, can we talk?

he opened instagram, hesitating before clicking "unfollow"on millie's account, and then stopping on his explore page when he noticed a beautiful girl. he clicked onto her account, his smile fading as he noticed "millwood high" in her bio. he scratched at his head, one piece of his curly hair moving and then bouncing back into place, itching his forehead again.

he hesitated before taking a risk and pressing the "follow" button on her profile

he hesitated before taking a risk and pressing the "follow" button on her profile. he felt a smile slip onto his lips as he looked at her for a second, then jumped as he door swung open. lucas stood in the doorway, looking happier then normal, a cup of coffee in his hand. "sorry, it's a little cold." he said, and handed it to finn, who shut off his phone and slipped it under his leg. normally he told his brother everything, but he wanted to keep this a secret.

lucas sat on the edge of the bed, a glimmer in his eyes. "what's wrong, man?" finn snorted at him. lucas grinned, and smacked him in the arm. "i met a girl today." finn raised an eyebrow. "a girl?" he'd never seen lucas look like this before, the way his cheeks were tinted a rosy pink as he started to tell finn about her, and the way he fidgeted with his hands nervously and most of all how he didn't make an inappropriate joke about her the entire time he spoke.

"she's so beautiful, and for some reason i couldn't bring myself to kiss her even though i could've, but she's different then most girls, not like a girl i'd take home for a one night stand, she's just so different, and i want to see her again. and again and again and never stop seeing her." lucas took a breath, his eyes wide and lips chapped. "finn, i think i'm in love."

at this, finn snorted out loud. "what? dude, are you high?" lucas scowled as finn laughed at him. "no, i am not. i- ugh. god." he stormed out of the room, and finn stared after him in shock.

whatever had just happened, finn had never seen lucas like that in his entire laugh. deciding he was probably high out of his mind, he opened up his phone, noticing a notification with a jolt.

@liliabuckingham liked your post.

the thing was, this post was from two years ago, and finn posted pretty normally. his mouth opened in surprise and he opened his phone, but the notification was now gone, and he felt a smirk grow onto his face as he realized that she had been stalking his account.

what a perfect opportunity to drop a dm.

stalking my account much, beautiful? i saw that.

-
author's note :)

i hate this chapter
i hate this chapter
i hate this chapter

this book is a flop

i started school today! first day of kindergarten went as well as can be expected