three.

-

the fuzzy feeling that filled lucas's body remained for two days, and he couldn't stand it any longer when he found himself sitting in the coffee shop again, his eyes glued on lilia, who answered each customer with the same bright smile. she didn't notice he was there, just twirled at the ends of her hair as she took orders and greeted customers.

it wasn't until her shift ended and she was exiting the building that he stood up and hurried outside after her. "hey, lilia?" she jumped, and turned around quickly, confusion on her face, but it broke into a grin almost immediately. "oh! lucas? how long have you been here? i didn't see you."

"only a few minutes," he lied easily. "i came by to see if you had any plans after your shift?"

lilia bit her lip. "i'm supposed to go out with my friend cory, but... i'm sure he'll be okay if i cancel just this time." lucas grinned as she held out her gloved hand. "where are you taking me?" warmth spread throughout his body as he took it in his, and he walked to his car with her, lilia kicking at little globs of snow on the ground as they walked. when they got in, she rested her hands on her lap, drawing circles on her legs with a small smile.

"you're a fidgeter," lucas observed as he pulled out. she glanced up, the smile still planted on her face. "yeah, it drives my friends crazy. hope you don't mind," she giggled a little. lucas glanced out the window, watching the road as he drove. "that's okay, it doesn't matter as i don't really want to be your friend," he murmured, and lilia's mouth opened a little to say something, but she closed it again, a smile permeant on her lips.

"what kind of hobbies do you have?" lilia asked after a couple minutes of silence, and finn puffed out some air. "looking at you is a new one i've developed," he flirted, and lilia raised an eyebrow. "okay, fine. don't tell anyone this, but sometimes in the middle of the night i paint. i have a setup in the garage that no one in my family uses." lilia's mouth popped open in surprise. "really? i didn't take you as an art kind of dude."

finn rolled his eyes. "and what are your hobbies?" lilia smiled again, her white teeth straight and her lips stretched apart, and lucas felt his stomach flip over as he imagined his lips against those perfect ones, and his tongue in her mouth and her body pressed against his-

"i like photography," lilia mused. "it's a beautiful art, in my opinion." she glanced at lucas, who's eyes were wide and his mouth opened a little to say something but no words came out, and lilia started to laugh at him.

"what?" he glanced at her, and she bent down over her knees, her laugh sounding like a melody as she shook her head black and forth.

"what?" lilia looked back at him, her cheeks bright red from laughing, and she reached over, taking his hand and a breath in the same second, and time froze around the two, lucas's foot on the gas pedal, but the energy coming from her hand, and sure they were sweaty and they didn't know where the car was taking them, but the two teenagers's bodies cling together as lilia's sped up breath filled the silence.

"i'm glad i met you, lucas. what's your last name?" she turned to him, the question dancing in her eyes, and he was starstruck, his lips chapped as her hand clung to his.

"z-zumann." he stammered, and she
nodded. "lucas zumann. cute," the smile tugged at her lips once more. "mine's buckingham. my last name, that is," she puffed out more breath with excitement. "hey! what school do you go to? i haven't seen you before the other day."

lucas smiled. "uh, hawkins high." lilia frowned, sinking in the seat but keeping her hand pressed against his. "i go to millwood. you'll still hang out with me, i presume?" lucas laughed. "of course, beautiful. i don't think i'll be able to stay a day away from you, and i mean it."

"maybe we'll just have to meet again tomorrow then." lilia said smoothly. lucas raised an eyebrow. "there's a party, at my friend caleb's house, tomorrow night. you should come. invite your friends. i'd like to see you there."

lilia popped her head to one side, pursing her lips and glancing at lucas. "i'll see, i might have other plans." she teased, and lucas rolled his eyes. "oh whatever sweetheart, you're already so infatuated with me there's no way you won't be there." he winked at her, and her cheeks turned bright red. "i'm pretty sure that's the other way around, zumann."

"have you figured out who i am yet, photography girl?" he asked, and she sighed. she rubbed her finger against his from inside his hand, and then curled them around each other. "lucas zumann. painting boy. i don't know who you are yet, but i assure you, i will find out."

-
author's note :)

this is literally all i've been writing and phew i'm so busy excuse my dead wattpad bc no one is active kill me kill me kill me

i still love those of you who are here still :) i appreciate it