Chapter 7: A Nightmare Turned into a Dream

I do not own these characters they belong to Rooster Teeth.

Everyone is around the ages of 12-14.

Ages:

Max- 14

Nikki- 13

Neil- 14

Spacekid- 12

Everyone is 14

Warning: This story contains explicit language

Bold Letters are Max's Thoughts.

Underlined Letters are Nikki's Thoughts.

Italicized and Underlined letters are Neil's thoughts

Underlined and Bold Letters are the rest of the campers thoughts.

Italicized and Bold Letters are David and Gwen's thoughts.

A/N:I apologize for this coming out so late!  I've been super busy with birthdays, getting ready for school, and I was recently on vacation! So again I apologize. 

Max's POV

It had a couple days since the dance, I started sleeping in my tent like normal but I started to feel like I was missing a certain type of warmth, but I chose to ignore it.  We were all sitting in the Mess Hall when I realized that Nikki wasn't there, this had been happening for the past couple of days. Nikki would show up late, looking super tired like she got no sleep, would end falling asleep half-way through the day's activity and just brushed it off and pretended like nothing happened. I could tell that something was wrong, Nikki isn't normally like this. Plus it had been happening for 3 days and since I noticed she was late this would now be the 4th time! "Neil, I'm gonna go get Nikki. Cover for me okay?" I say to Neil. "Ok, sure" Neil says a little annoyed.  I then walk out of the Mess Hall and head over to Nikki's treehouse. I walk up to the door and knock.  There's no answer. "Nikki? Well, your not answering the fucking door so I'm coming in!" I walk in the tree house and everything seems to be normal.  I then hear crying. I head up to Nikki's bedroom to see tissues everywhere and Nikki crying in her sleep. I could tell she had only gotten at least 2 hours of sleep. "Nikki? Um..." I say quietly. What I do? "Nikki. Wake up!" I say shaking her awake. "Huh?" Nikki says with with tears still rolling down her cheek. "Are you okay? I noticed that you weren't at the Mess Hall and I got- David told me to come get you so and I realized you were crying in your sleep, but seriously Nik... You haven't been haven't been acting like yourself lately, everyone has been noticing this not just me...." I say. Nikki looks at me for a second and then hugs me.

Nikki's POV

I hugged Max starting to tear up. "Nikki?" Max asks me.  "I-I'm so sorry." I say. "Sorry for what?" He asks. "For making you guys worry, I shouldn't be putting all my problems on you guys! I mean I'm supposed to be the girl who loves adventure. Not someone who makes everyone stressed and-" I say. Max than pulls me away to look at him. "Nikki, we worry about you because we care, we all have somewhat fucked up lives, I just need to know what's going on." He says. "Okay, but you gotta promise not to tell anyone." I say. "Sure." He says back. "Okay, well I haven't been able to sleep very well. I've been getting like 2 hours of sleep for the past few days. I've been having nightmares and when I try to sleep I can't and I end of freaking out, and it's weird because stuff like this only happened when I slept in a tent but I'm sleeping in my tree house I have no idea what's going on." I say "That's weird... didn't you sleep in Neil and I's tent that one time?" He says. Wait, yeah I did. "Yeah, that's true, I never thought about that." I say. "So are you missing something that you had when you were there?" He says. "Well, let's we would there would be music and then we would sleep nex-" I start .Then it me. I realized what I was missing. When I stayed there I was sleeping next to Max, same here. I was missing Max! Oh no, what I do? Max's eyes widening and I say his face turn bright pink. "Nikki, I think I know what you're missing." He says. "I think I do too." I say nervously also blushing. "It's me.... and I gotta say I think I miss us being like that too." He says.