Chapter 9: A What?!

I do not own these characters they belong to Rooster Teeth.

Everyone is around the ages of 12-14.

Ages:

Max- 14

Nikki- 13

Neil- 14

Spacekid- 12

Everyone is 14

Warning: This story contains explicit language

Bold Letters are Max's Thoughts.

Underlined Letters are Nikki's Thoughts.

Italicized and Underlined letters are Neil's thoughts

Underlined and Bold Letters are the rest of the campers thoughts.

Italicized and Bold Letters are David and Gwen's thoughts.

Nikki's POV

The sleepover had just started and I was already bored. I mean, don't get me wrong I love hanging out with everyone, I guess I just would have rather been doing something else. Currently, we were playing Truth or Dare. It was Gwen's turn. "Nikki, Truth or Dare?" She says. "Dare! I ain't no coward." I say. " Well then let's make this interesting. I dare you to tell us if you like anyone here at camp. If you do like someone you have to tell us who and then you have to tell them how you feel."Oh, No. "Umm,  I don't like anyone soooo-" I say. "Oh come on Nikki that's a total lie!" Nerris says. "Yeah, plus it wouldn't be cool if you didn't like anyone. That would just make things uncool. " Ered says.  " Fine, I do like someone. But if I tell you guys you have to promise not to say anything." I say.  They all nod. " Fine... It's...... Max." I say. I can feel myself blushing. "I KNEW IT!" Gwen screams. "Yeah, but he probably only thinks of me as a friend." I say sadly. " Are you serious Nikki?! It's so obvious that he likes you! You know what, you have to, just HAVE to tell him how you feel." Gwen says. "Totally." Ered says. Nerris gives me 2 thumbs up. After a few minutes, Gwen tells us it's time to head to bed. I know I won't be able to sleep but I lay down anyway. One thing stays on my mind. Is Gwen right? Does Max like me?

Max's POV

This whole thing was stupid. We didn't so much. I'll spare you the details. Everyone was asleep, except for me of course. I had nothing else to fucking do so I snuck out. I started walking when all the sudden I saw the fire wasn't put out. There was someone over there. I stated walking over and saw that it was Nikki. I decided to sit down next to her. "Oh, hey Max. I'm guessing you couldn't sleep either. " she says.  "Yeah,  not to mention that sleepover is fucking lame shit." I say. She giggles which makes my heart skip a beat. It was dark outside but the light from the fire made it so that I can see Nikki pretty well.  She turned over to look at me.  I wasn't fucking thinking so I started leaning, it seemed like she was too. Before I knew it I made contact with her lips. It was amazing but a few seconds after separating I had realized what I'd done. I didn't want to deal with rejection so I just fucking ran away. I decided to go to my room in Nikki's treehouse since she probably wouldn't go back there. I was wrong.

Nikki's POV

Max just kissed me! I just kissed Max! WE BOTH JUST KISSED EACH OTHER!  The kiss was amazing! It was even better than going on an adventure or being in nature! The only bad thing was that after it happened Max ran away. I decided that I was gonna go look for him because it seemed like the good thing to do. I hadn't seen where he went cause it took me a while to process what had happened so I just had to check everywhere I could. I first want to his tent. "Max you in here?" I say. There was no reply so I went to go check the only other place he could be, the treehouse.  It knew it was going to be dark in the forest so I grabbed a spare flashlight that Max and Neil had in their tent. I then started my walk over to the treehouse. As I got there I realized the lights were already on. "Max has been here" I mumble to myself.

No One's POV

Max was sitting on his bed mentally yelling at himself, all the sudden he heard a sound. He knew it was Nikki. He had to hide, so he ran into Nikki's room where she had a pretty good sized closet to hide in, unlike his. He heard her voice getting closer. "Max? Are you in here?" she was saying. Nikki had already tried looking in tons of rooms but wasn't able to find him. She gave up and retreated to her room. She sat on her bed and let out an exasperated sigh. "Why do I even try? Ughhh, I messed up and now he probably hates me. I like Max a lot and now I can't do anything about it. Whatever, I'm just really tired I need to sleep." Nikki says. She lays her head down on her pillow and falls asleep. But little did she know Max had heard everything. 

A/N:

Omg I'm so sorry guys! It has been soooo long since I written a chapter and I apologize. I'm also sorry about this chapter being pretty short. I've been super busy with school and I had the worst writer's block in the world! But, I'm back and I'll be getting out of school soon. Sadly this story is coming close to it's end but I'm working a lot of other fanfics! Expect some other stories about other ships, oneshots, and even an original story that I've been planning for a while! So as always I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter!  New one coming soon!