Chapter 1

DISCLAIMER: I do not own most of the characters. They belong to Rick Riordan and J.K. Rowling.

Percy's POV

I glared at my brother's bed. I could imagine his devilish face, with his beady green eyes. His hair looked identical to mine, except for the fact that he liked to wear a red Boston Red Socks cap. He must've been from Boston, I assumed. Even so, he's only been here for a week, and he's made my life miserable. My best friends believed his ridiculous lie, and even the campers avoided me! The only few people who seem to like me is Chiron and Annabeth.

I sighed, resting my chin on my palm. I decided that a trip to the beach would never hurt. The sound of crashing waves and the smell of the ocean air always seemed to calm me down. Well, it was worth a try, at least. I trudged outside, ignoring the stares of the campers.

I was unaware of the two campers with me, making out. I didn't want to disturb their moment, until something caught my eye. The girl's shiny, honey blonde hair, and the confidence in her posture, it was all familiar. And that's how I instantly knew who it was.

Annabeth must've realized I was there because she frantically pulled away from Max, causing him to fall over and land in the sand. I could feel my eyes start to water, and I desperately tried to hide it. Annabeth knew perfectly well how much I despised Max. Yet she was cheating on me with him all this time.

She stared at me with sad eyes. Could she really like Max better than me? After everything we've been through? "Look Percy, I-" She started. Then she stopped. She knew that nothing could fix this. Max had stood back up and went back to kissing her, but Annabeth seemed to be enjoying it.

I stormed away, tears streaming down my face. I sprinted back to my cabin. These past few days at camp were torture, and a home would never feel like that. She has made her decision, and I will make mine.

~•~

"It was him!" Someone screamed. Percy whirled around, startled by the sudden outburst. Max, the newest camper, pointed his finger straight at Percy, narrowing his eyes. "What? What did I do?" Percy asked. "You almost killed me!" He cried. "What do you mean?!" Percy exclaimed.

"I was attacked by a group of hellhounds, and I was screaming for help! You just laughed at me, and stole my dagger!" He accused. The seven and Nico were following him, tired of his complaints and accusations. "We know he would never do that. He's our friend," Jason explained. "I would never do that." Percy confirmed. Max looked around angrily, as if looking for evidence, or anything that would prove his point. His eyes suddenly lit up.

"Then explain this," He asked, pointing at the dagger hung from Percy's belt, dripping with blood. He didn't remember carrying a dagger, much less using it. In fact, he hasn't killed a monster in days. Max snatched the dagger, they all moved in closer to see. Right on the handle, in small, messy handwriting, a faint name was carved onto the grip.

Piper stared disbelievingly at me. "It clearly says 'Max Huggins' on it," Piper stated. The other nodded, but Annabeth glared at them. "No! Percy would never do that! I know he wouldn't! Guys-"

"We don't know for sure, Annabeth. Just because he's your boyfriend-"

"I know Percy wouldn't do this. He can't. You know he wouldn't. Besides, Percy is our friend." Annabeth argued. They glanced suspiciously at Percy, and whispered to each other as they separated and continued their duties for the camp. Percy walked over to Annabeth, putting an arm around her neck. "Thanks for defending me," I said. "It's the truth." She stated. She paused, and turned to look at him. "Right?" She asked. Percy nodded. "Good." She smiled and kissed Percy on the cheek, before pulling him away for lunchtime.

Soon, rumors spread throughout camp, and he was hated among the crowd. No one bothered to think that he saved the world twice. Annabeth squeezed his hand, and whispered, "C'mon, they're wrong, you know that. Just ignore them and keep moving."

(Still Percy's POV)

The Conch Horn blared throughout the camp, a signal that its time for dinner. But I couldn't bring myself to go outside and eat, even though my stomach was growling in protest.

I started to pack up, grabbing everything I needed. I packed Ambrosia and Nectar, my clothes and belongings, gauze, and other essential supplies. It was too much pressure for me. I had to leave. It wasn't long before everyone started to scatter back into their cabins and get ready for bed. I hid my backpack just as Max came marching in.

He glared at me, but otherwise he ignored me most of the time. Occasionally he'd send a death stare at me, but pretty soon, he was in bed, snoring. I swear the closet threatened to tip over. At least it would fall on Max. I jumped off my bed, car-like and snatched my backpack under my bed quickly, tiptoeing towards the door. I silently opened the door, and I sprinted outside, into the cold, night air. I had carelessly left the door ajar, and I hadn't even said goodbye to Blackjack. But I didn't turn back. I'll buy Blackjack some donuts another day.

I hope you guys like my story. If you liked it, please consider giving it a vote and I'm open to feedback and constructive criticism! Thanks so much! <3