Chapter 8

Max's POV

I woke up to a bright light shining in my eyes. I winced at the sudden bright light, slowly adjusting to it. "He's waking up." Someone exclaimed. I was probably in the infirmary.

I sat up, but someone pushed me back down. "Don't get up yet." They said. I knew the voice belonged to the one and only Will Solace. I felt something drop into my mouth and I chewed it without hesitation.

Immediately my body felt warmer and I tasted my mother's delicious banana pancakes. Will left the room, so I slowly began to sit back up again. My leg ached and my head was a little dizzy. I listened to the outside world, but I wasn't hearing anything I usually heard. Screams. That was what I heard.

I peered out the door and saw people running to their cabins and reappearing armed head to toe with armor or weapons. I stood up a little faster and saw a group of monsters standing at the barrier. But something was different. They actually went though the Camp Barriers!!!

A group of Cyclops, Empusa, a Manticore, Telekhines, hellhounds, dracaenae, and more! How did they even break through the barriers? 

I opened the door and walked outside. I could help. I could defeat these monsters. I ran towards my cabin and grabbed my weapons. I put on my armor, then ran back outside, but it looks like everything is under control. There were some areas weaker than the others, but Annabeth and Nico seemed focused on the Manticore.

I stabbed a cyclops in the back, focused on an Ares camper. He didn't look happy though. He glared at me, his grip tightening on his sword hilt. "I was about to kill it, you idiot!!" He screamed at me. I backed up, surprised at his angry tone. He growled at me, but turned around and walked off to another monster.

Annabeth and Nico had killed the Manticore, looking pretty pleased. I remember Annabeth telling me about this Dr. Thorn. Annabeth ran up to me, and asked, "Are you feeling better?" "Yeah, I'm fine." I responded. "Here." She said as she threw me a sword. She pointed at another area where the Hermes camera were fighting a group of dracaenae. She ran off to fight other monsters and I ran for that area.

I arrived there and I stabbed a dracaenae before it could stab a younger demigod. Just then, I felt a pain come from my left shoulder. I turned around to see a dracaenae pull a sword out of my shoulder. I stabbed it with my other arm and it dissolved into dust. My shoulder was burning, a painful sensation running through my arm.

Blood leaked out of it quickly and I was about to faint when I saw how much blood I was losing. It hurt to move the shoulder and I almost just collapsed on the ground from pain. I stabbed another dracaenae charging towards me, and it dissolved into dust quickly. Another one tried to hit my side, but I leaped to the side and stabbed it.

Too late, I saw a hellhound leaping into the air and it landed on my chest, digging its claws into my chest. I screamed out in pain, but before the claws could reach my heart, it dissolved into dust.

I saw a girl with a black leather jacket and black jeans and a black death to barbie t-shirt. Of course it was Thalia. I knew that look too well. She held her bow at where the hellhound was and slowly lowered her bow. I stood up, but the pain made me dizzy. My vision was unfocused.

"Be careful." Was all she said before leaving to fight. I stabbed another dracaenae and that was the last one. Some demigods thanked me before leaving to go fight others. It felt good to help them. But I fell onto the ground. The last thing I saw was someone calling for the Apollo campers before I fell unconscious.

Thanks so much for still reading this book!! I hope to improve my writing, and update more often. Please vote and comment for this chapter! If you want, of course.