Chapter 3

Percy's POV

I didn't think about where I might've been heading. I just ran, trying to push my thoughts away from Camp Half-Blood. But it was almost impossible to. Camp Half- Blood has been my home for years. I must've ran the whole day, because soon the sky was engulfed with stars.

I found a nice, cozy tree to lean against, and sat down. It took me a few minutes to realize that I had no idea where I was, and where i was heading. Out here, I was completely defenseless. I jumped as I heard sudden, loud car beeps, honking down the street. I instantly reached for my pocket and took out riptide. It seemed like a late night bus, but you could never be too sure when you're a demigod.

It halted to a stop, and I stared suspiciously at it. A young man walked down the stairs, poking his head out. "You some help there?" He asked, with what seemed like a British accent.

"I'm fine." I replied, turning to leave. "Where are your parents? Aren't you supposed to be at school?" He asked. That's strange. Why would he think that I attend boarding school? "What do you mean? Its nighttime," I asked.  "Yer a wizard, aren't ya? Don't you go to Hogwarts or something?" He asked. "I'm a what?!" I exclaimed. He frowned at me, and snatched my backpack from me.

"Hey! Give me that!" I cried, reaching for my backpack. He pulled away and climbed up the stairs. "Come along. I'll let you go on for free," He offered. I mumbled under my breath, cursing in Greek. Stupidly, I climbed aboard. Yes, Percy. Just go on a weird bus that for some reason happens to stop and ask if you're a wizard?! No wonder Annabeth calls me Seaweed Brain.

He offered me some hot chocolate, but once we took off, the hot chocolate would splash onto my face, leaving me wincing as I desperately try to wipe it off. "The name's Stanley Shunpike." He introduced. "Percy Jackson." I said. "Who are your parents?" He asked.

"Sally and Paul Blofis." I replied. I mentally smacked myself for just telling a complete stranger my mom and step-dads name. "Ah, yes, Sally Brown. A bright young witch she was. Went to Hogwarts herself, in fact." Stanley replied. "How do you know?" I asked, suspiciously. Even I didn't know that! "Yer mum is a witch, the best Hufflepuff there was. Your mother was a close second to Lily Potter. That's quite an honor." Stanley said. (Lol, that rhymes)

"We're here!" Someone exclaimed. I shrieked as I saw a decapitated head, very ghastly and pale, hanging from the front, talking. I stumbled as I sat up, dizzy and sick from the ride. Outside, a glamorous castle stood, tall and mighty. It was almost as magnificent as Olympus.

"This-" He gestured to the castle, "-Is Hogwarts," He told me. I marveled at the architecture, which reminded me of the buildings and monuments that Annabeth built in Olympus. I grimaced at the thought of Annabeth. Would anyone ever notice that I was gone?

Stanley guided me towards a large set of gates, about half as tall as a giant. Nevertheless, it was much taller than me, and I wondered how you could've opened the gate. Just then, a women was walking towards us, holding a fancy stick. Her hair was in a tight bun, and for some reason, she had a cloak and a pointy hat, just like a witch. Was it already Halloween?

"Hello, Mr. Shunpike. And you must Mr. Jackson. I'm Professor McGonagall. Follow me, please," She instructed. The gates creaked and groaned as it started to open, and I stepped inside. As I followed, I heard the creaking and groaning of the gates as it closed again. I turned around to say goodbye to Stanley, but the knight bus was gone.

~•~

"Attention, please. We have a new Wizard here today. Would you like to introduce yourself?" McGonagall asked. I watched the faces of thousands of people all stare at me, making me uncomfortable. "Well, My name is Percy Jackson. I'm 17 years old, and I'm from New York," I announced.  McGonagall smiled at me, and turned back to the audience.

"Since he has never gotten his supplies yet, I would like to ask for volunteers to go with him. Anyone?" Professor McGonagall asked. There was a long silence, as everyone stayed still. Suddenly, a girl with brown curls raised her hand. She was wearing a red cloak, and she had a book wrapped around her hands. "I'll go," She volunteered.

Three more hands shot up into the air, and McGonagall frowned. A red haired kid glared at the boy who sat at another table, wearing green robes and had blonde hair. The boy sitting next to the Red-haired kid has black hair and emerald green eyes. Almost my twin, minus the scar and glasses.

"Alright, I think that's enough people," McGonagall said. "You may go eith him to Diagon Alley," She accepted reluctantly. The four stood up, and walked to stand next to me. "You will be traveling by floo powder, to Diagon Alley, to just get his seventh year books." She said to the four. They nodded. "This is Hermione, Harry, Ron, and Draco. They will be accompanying you to buy your supplies for school." McGonagall said.

Hermione walked next to the fireplace. She grabbed some powder, and sprinkled it into the fire. "Diagon Alley!" She exclaimed. She stepped into the fire and Hermione disappeared. I probably looked surprised because Harry explained, "You'll get used to it. Just sprinkle some of this powder into the fire and say Diagon Alley very clearly, alright?" He asked.

I nodded, and watched the others do the same. Soon it was only Harry and I left. "Ready?" Harry asked. I gulped. I grabbed some powder and sprinkled it into the fire. I cautiously stepped inside, as green flames surrounded me. Luckily, I was being burned alive. "Diagon Alley!" I shouted. I felt the rushing wind as the world turned blurry and dissolved.

My head spun, and I screamed as I kept spinning and twirling. I felt sick, and I stumbled around, feeling like I was going to throw up. Somehow, my lunch stayed in my stomach, and I finally got a good look around. I definitely wasn't at Diagon Alley. I was back at Camp Half-Blood

I hope you liked it! I tried to make it very long, and enjoy this, because I probably won't be updating for a while!! Also, please consider voting, commenting, and share!