Chapter 1

It was a nice day. The sun was out and the sky was clear. Inside the Hagane household was a father and a daughter. Kai Hagane sat in front of the television watching the daily news channel while his daughter Shiro washed the dishes. Nothing could go wrong. Right?

"We interrupt your daily program with some breaking news!! A man with the quirk that allows him to grow is in the city. Heroes are on their way now to the scene!!"

Something went fucking wrong.

'Oh wow. What a surprise. Another quirk abusing idiot.'

The giant man was beaten in no time. Heroes arrived and disposed of him.

"And once again the heroes have beaten the villains. Thanks to these heroic people our city is safe from horrors like these. We will now interview the witnesses."

"What did you think of the heroes that saved you, young boy?

"THEY WERE AWESOME!! THEY WERE LIKE PUNCH! POW! SWOOSH! AND REALLY COOL!! I WANNA BE A HERO WHEN I GROW UP!"

"Hey kid what do you want to be when you grow up?" My father asked as he stretched his prosthetic leg.

"Someone who saves lives."

"Do you mean a hero?"

"No father. I just want to be, someone who saves lives."

"Why not a hero?"

"Because they're the reason mom died."

"Still hung up over your mother huh?"

"..."

"I'll take that as a yes. But you know they couldn't have saved her..."

'Bullshit, and you know it too father.'

"Oh yeah before I forget I got an email from a school saying they want you to attend."

"Which school?"

"They're called U.S.A. I believe."

"Father U.S.A. is a country, not a school, don't be an idiot. And Isn't that the school where people go if they want to become heroes?"

"First of all how dare you! Second, of all it is. It's the one your mother attended."

"What about you father? Where did you attend school?"

"I went to Tsukuba High. I met your mother on the battlefield after that."

"Oh."

"So what do you say? You up for it?"

"Why would I? I just said I didn't want to become a hero did I not?"

"You did but, my dear foolish daughter. It's free. AND you can take advantage of the training with pros who have been fighting for years!"

"Mom was right about you being delusional."

"HEY!! I HAVE FEELINGS TOO! Jeez, people are right about the mother-daughter thing. Even your mother's roasts were humiliating..."

"Father don't sulk in a corner again, I swear mushrooms will grow."

"Speaking of a father... DID I NOT TELL YOU TO CALL ME DAD???"

"...Okay, DAD."

"Much better but try to do it without the sarcasm. So you wanna go?"

"Sure why not take advantage of it. The training equipment will be useful."