Chapter 18

3rd p.o.v.

The professional heroes sat by each other commenting on each student's performance. They all had promise, some more than others. But the fact that they even made it into U.A. was impressive enough.

"Hagane seems to know what she's doing." Edgeshot hummed.

The girl was running through the course with ease. Using poles to swing herself forward with momentum, sliding down stair railings, and launching herself off of trees.

"You aren't wrong Edgeshot. Perhaps her mother told her about this obstacle course." Gunhead suggested.
"That's impossible. Kagura didn't do the obstacle course during her year." Ectoplasm argued.
"That is true Ectoplasm," Thirteen added, "but that doesn't mean that Shiro hasn't done her research. She's a bright girl despite the U.S.J. incident."

Endeavour stood alone and was invested in Shiro's performance compared to his sons. He stared intensely at the projection of the girl angry that his son wasn't performing better than her. How was this girl beating his own son? Of all the people why did it have to be Kagura's daughter? There was no way that she could be better than Shouto, he refused to believe it.

"Her father didn't attend U.A. did he?" Snipe questioned.
"There's no record of him ever enrolling no." Vlad King muttered.
"Well, she's impressive enough. I might just take her under my wing." Jeanist purred.
Edgeshot scoffed, "As if she'd do that Jeanist, you saw the way she reacted towards the media about being a hero. She hates them unlike you, but I can't say that I blame her. They do get up into our personal space and lives."

Then "The Fall" as Present Mic called it came. And unsurprisingly Shiro Hagane was the first there. She stared off at the mass canyon with pillars analyzing the entire area.

"What will Hagane do now?!"

"Well, she'd probably fly over it no?" Jeanist pondered "Doesn't she have flight armour?"
"From the looks of it, that's the easiest thing for her to do," Gunshot commented.
"But it seems like she's got something else in mind..." Snipe observed.

The pro's watched as the girl opened a portal and pulled out two small daggers. She spun them in her hands and ran towards the pit.

"She isn't going to do what I think she is... Is she?" Yagi exclaimed.
"Oh, we're all thinking it and seeing it alright! Look!" Midnight pointed.

Shiro was jumping across pillar to pillar with ease, but along the way, she cut some ropes as well. The girl seemed to be grinning underneath suit but it was hard to tell.

"As we can see Hagane's strategies are really similar to her mothers! Keeping only the best behind her at all times!"

"The clever brat," Endeavour muttered, "Why aren't you like her Shouto..."

"Keeping the competition to a minimum, smart," Edgeshot smirked.
"Not bad..." Snip commented.
"That's just cruel."
"It's called natural selection Thirteen." Ectoplasm laughed.