Chapter 23 - (Special)

Guess who's back you fucks.

I present to you, the 25k view & 1k votes special.

This is how Shiro's mother died.

Get a box of tissues because I am going to make you feel aNGsT.

Enjoy crying.

;D

△▼△▼△▼△▼△▼△▼△▼△▼△▼△▼△

3rd p.o.v.

She used to love heroes. But ever since the incident she's hated them.

Shiro was very close to her mother because her quirk was primarily Kagura's, with the addition of weapons because of her father.

The rescue mission Kagura and Kai were on was to save civilians from a hostage situation. Shiro was seven years old when this happened.

The villains were holding a large corporate by gunpoint demanding money. This robbery was very well planned. Every exit and entrance was sealed and hallways were filled with thugs who had horrifying quirks. Shiro's mother and father were the first to the scene. 

A man with a mask held a megaphone and yelled into it, "We demand ¥1,000,000,00 or else we'll kill the workers in here one by one!"

Kagura held up the small intercom on her wrist up to her mouth, "This is the Defender and Forger reporting in. We have a hostage situation at 6073 Manetsu Avenue at the B.O.L. Headquarters. Requesting backup copy."

A few seconds later a man responded "Copy that. Can you identify the number of civilians in danger?"
"We cannot sir they've blocked the entrances and exits. Every window has been covered." She responded.
"We can't see a thing in there." Kai angrily muttered.
"Understood, backup is on its way."
"How much time until they get here sir?" Kagura eyed the man holding the megaphone.
"About 15 minutes Defender. Hold tight until then."

The man spoke into the megaphone again, "You have half an hour to get us the money or the first hostage dies!"

"Sir they're going to harm a hostage." Kagura worriedly said, "Backup better be here fast."
The man on the other side of the intercom replied, "I understand that Defender, I can see the news reporters."
"What should Forger and I do?"
"Please sit tight and don't do anything that could jeopardize this."
Kagura hesitantly answered, "Understood."

Kai turned to his wife. "So? What'd they say?"
"To wait for backup."
Kai's face twisted, "Are you serious!?"
"Yeah..."
"Well, I guess that's the only thing we can do. But if they don't get here in 10 minutes I'm going in there to save the civilians."
"Just be patient honey."
"Alright fine. But only 15 minutes!"

The two waited anxiously on the nearby rooftop.

△▼△▼△▼△▼△▼△▼△▼△▼△▼△▼△

15 minutes had passed and there was no other hero in sight.

"Kagura why are we still waiting?!" Kai angrily punched his hands together.
"Because we were ordered to Kai!"
"What if they start killing them!?"
"I know you're worried," She put her hand on his cheek, "but you need to calm down."
"Fine. But two more minutes and I'm running in there with or without backup!"