Elle

I can't believe that my best friend, the person I told everything to, didn't trust me to keep his secret about wanting to commit suicide. And he told Noah to say he didn't love me. But I can't think about that now. I have to focus on convincing him not to commit suicide. And then I see him. He's almost at the end of the pier.
"Lee!" I yell, running even faster.
"Lee stop!" I shout.
He stops for a moment and turns around, giving me a chance to catch up with him.
"Lee, I'm so hurt right now but there are people who love you. Please..."
"Elle you don't think I'm hurt? My best friend and my brother went behind my back and dated. I wouldn't have been as hurt if you'd just told me in the first place. Oh and then Rachel broke up with me and you and Noah were just so happy together. I feel like he's taking you away from me. When you told me you loved him, I just felt like the two of you would gradually get further away from me and leave me behind with no-one. Elle, Noah's replacing me in your life"
"Lee, no-one could ever replace you! I love you so much Lee and so does Noah and the rest of your family. Rachel broke up with you, yeah. I get that you're hurt but Lee, she's missing out. You are such an amazing person and I'm sure any other girl would be happy to date you"
"Thank you Elle. But I don't think it's true" he runs and steps off the end of the pier but not before I catch him.