2.

The first while after you'd left had been the worst for Tom. He wanted to tear his heart of his chest and stomp on it with two bare feet, cursing whichever god above that was making him suffer a great deal and for what- a mistake he made as a child? A stupid, ignorant child trying to impress his father.

Of course, he didn't blame you at all. You were most likely riddled with scars both mentally and physically and he possibly couldn't understand the extent- maybe he could, Tom liked to ignore his feelings and push them away until he was downing an entire bottle of alcohol and swaying throughout the long hallways of his own home, singing along to Mayday parade and because that was his guilty pleasure.

He thought he was doing better, focusing purely on work and work alone, ignoring the colder half of his bed and the bobby pins he sometimes found scattered around the library. There were even the ceramic mugs he'd try to ignore, going as far as to chuck out the one that you always used to use. He had a draw full- but you insisted on drinking from the same one.

They key word is 'thought.' Tom thought he was doing better and he was until suddenly he wasn't because when he saw your name on the screen in jet black, bolded letters his heart deflated and he was reminded of those old feelings. The desire to once again, claw at his skin and rip out his own heart was back and worse than ever and hidden beneath layers of anger, tucked up behind regret was despair. Tom wanted- needed answers and as much as he hated to admit it, he needed you.

The second Aiden walked into the room he was shoved roughly into the wooden chair by Harry, already sweaty palms shook with fear as he eyed the office. Good, Tom thought. He should be going out of his mind right now. It wasn't Toms normal office, that one was off limits for most and he only used it when he was sure there'd be no blood shed.

Their conversation starts as one normally would, Tom taunting the man and Aiden coming up with pathetic excuses for simply not paying the man his money. It was all a little game to Tom, let the guy think he's going to be let off the hook for now and then pull out the big guns- literally.

-

"How do you know her?" Tom spits.

Aiden tries backing away before his back hit the seat, hardwood clawing at his spine. "Who?"

Tom wasn't here to watch this man play innocent or drag things out. He was antsy and wanted answers and as many as he could wrap his mind around before putting a bullet through the guy's skull. Earlier the mobster had been eager to get his hands dirty but now he actually felt a hint of anxiousness, wishing that in fact, he'd stayed out of the bank details and just left the guys corpse to float down the nearest Avon.

"You know who the fuck I'm talking about." Anger laced every word.

"I have no idea." That was almost a lie, almost. Aiden almost wished he could go back in time and google 'How to run from mess's you make?' and find a wikihow on how to get out of this. But he was sure that right there, at the top of the page under tip number one It'd be clear, don't lie to the mob boss.

"The money- my money that's all getting transferred to somehow else's bank account." Tom found that he couldn't even say her name, instead of feeling content with 'she's' and 'hers' because if he didn't say her name then it made this whole situation a little less real, right? "How do you know her?"

Something seemed to click in Aiden's brain and he looked up, wide-eyed wondering why exactly the biggest mafia boss wanted anything to do with his girlfriend- a mere waitress. "She's my girlfriend, I help her out sometimes."

His money was only getting transferred into one other person's bank account, after all.

Tom didn't believe it straight away, the claim going in one ear and out the other. "Bullshit!" He hiss's, only visualizing what it'd be like to pummel the guys face in- watch his teeth tear from the gum and blood stain the raven shirt.