10.

+

Warnings: Violence!! This also isn't' very edited because I'm really sick and just wanted to get this up & go back to sleep lmao

Tom looks over, the blanket- more specifically the white duvet hung around your waist while the rest of you were bare. All except the band that sat on your finger and bralette covering your chest, the sunlight that crept in from where the blinds were left a crack open hitting the diamond directly. It shone brighter than any star, making his heart pick up faster then he swore it did when you were sat on his lap in that office chair.

"What are you looking at?" You ask, though Tom had seen that you were the one staring down at him lovingly first. He wasn't about to argue.

He hums gently, looking over at you. Your head was tilted on a weird angle, sheer chiffon bralette comfortable for any size- the rosewood side ties for closure hanging below your breasts and he reaches up, toying with one of the straps. A gentle hand runs through his curls, fingernails carefully scratching his head and he sighs with content, something rare for the mobster.

"You, I'm looking at you." His voice was still thick with sleep, eyes still fluttering open and shut every few moments and you'd admit that it was adorable. But in an instant, Tom would disagree.

Your cheeks heat up and it wasn't because the bed was growing increasingly warm thanks to possibly Toms' body heat, nor the fact that you'd been sitting up in the same position for at least ten minutes.

You smile, bare feet stretching out across the covered mattress and eventually over his thighs beneath the sheets. "You were stirring a lot in your sleep."

"Was I?" He rearranges himself until his left ear was against the pillow, face towards you.

You nod, fingers running from his scalp to his jaw. "What were you dreaming about?"

The mobster, the king of lying and all that follows hesitated for a single moment. "I can't remember."

"Tommy..." You inch closer, one arm going around his bare bicep. Tessa stirs at the end of the bed, somehow managing not to be caught by Tom- either that or he let it pass. "C'mon tell me."

Tom sighs, knowing you weren't going to give up until you got it out of him and looks across the pillow, hues of white in the corner of his vision, blurred by you and he most definitely wasn't complaining. "We had a family, you and me. And we were really happy together."

The dream replayed in his mind and Tom presses to remember what he got to see, from the little boy with Y/H/C hair and his smile, lips stretching up as a giggle passed his lips- a reasonably tooth laugh at that. The boy's teeth were just beginning to peek through, gums still on show, however.

You let out a hum and blink when your eyelids grow heavy again. "We are happy together."

"Not like this- it was more. We had a little boy, and a house- not as big as this but it was nice. And it was Christmas time too." Tom brings your hand up to his lips and plants a gentle kiss on your ring finger, the diamond cool against his lips.

"You're starting to sound soft." A small laugh falls from your lips and Tom shakes his head, curls becoming static against the pillow. "I like it, 'is normal."

"Our life will never be normal," Tom tells you truthfully, a hint of regret in his words.

You shake your head against the pillow as best you can, fully believing that his statement was a just untruthful, "It can be."