Epilogue | Part 1

A/N: Right, this is the first part of the epilogue and I really tried to make it like 4k but I feel like 3.5k is already long as fuck and this took me a while to make perfect! Enjoy!!

-

It was a hot day– but one of the last of the season at that, so you'd all decide to spend some time out in the pool thanks to Rosie's constant pestering. The little Five-year-old was ecstatic to get out there for the first time, even throwing her bathing suit on inside out and she even dragged two stuffies out with her which hung under her arms. She was a little devastated that Tess was too old to Chase her around the garden but now she had Barney, the white bichon frise to do that.

And boy did he– sprinting between Toms' legs the second he opened the double doors that led them to the decking. Tom had cursed at the dog seeing as he was still warming up to Barney– demanding that he didn't like small dogs. It was for that reason that you and Rosie snuck him into the house the day he came home with the two of you after a simple trip to pick her up from daycare. You both knew that he loved the pup.

Rosie squealed as she dipped her feet in the pool, while Tom held her arms so she wouldn't slip. "It's cold!"

You crack a smile and shake your head, watching her squirm away from the water that she'd previously been so excited about.

"It's not that bad, you just need to get in the water then it will warm up," Tom tells her, eyeing the end of the pool that he knew she'd be able to swim in.

"It's too cold." She pouts, looking towards you to come back over. Maybe she could grab the water guns or the water balloons, but Tom had other plans.

"Nonsense!"

She narrows her eyes and grips onto his shoulders with little hands. "What do you me– daddy, what are you- No!"

You laugh as he climbs into the water, Rosie's legs kicking about as he puts her in up to her waist and she screams at him as she becomes engulfed by the cold water. But not for a second did he put her own, resting her on his knee as he squatted. While she looked mad, she held onto him for dear life. Afraid of going under even more but you knew he wouldn't do that to her.

She sticks her bottom lip out, splashing water directly into his face and you watch with a smile as the two interact without a care in the world. The only thing affecting them right now was the cold water and the only thing affecting you was the news you found out yesterday that plagued your mind.

It was half an hour of that before Tom climbed out of the water with Rosie flung over his shoulder. They were both dripping wet and laughing, and you had your face shoved into a book before you felt the outdoor seat dip as another body took a seat, crawling up beside you. He leans over, taking the book out of your hands with a wet palm and places it down on his side of the seat.

"I was reading that." You pout like a child that had just had their candy taken away from them and lunge forward, reaching over to grab the book.

Tom had laughed and shaken his head, grabbing your outstretched hand. "You can continue reading it tonight."

"You always say that then you distract me." You lay your head back, leaning against his arm instead of the pillow of the seat but you liked that. He was warm, still wet arm meeting your hair.

He smirks, pressing his lips to the side of your head and mumbles; "You let me distract you because you like it."

"You're gross." You cringe, moving to take the book again but he simply holds it away from you with a brow raised, lips still curled up. You quickly gaze up and over to Rosie who was still distracted by the dog and a ball.