20.

A/N: Right, here it is... the last chapter. Let me tell you I literally cried like three times writing this. These characters have been a part of my life for the last few months (whenever I started BAK) and if you're a writer and spend as long as I do writing them then I'm sure you understand that letting them go can be hard– and this was definitely hard.

I wanna thank you all that continuously supported me throughout these two books. I know they were a huge mess at times and just... a product of my very active imagination but thank you to everyone that left notes and comments and sent asks and just kept motivating me to finish this series. There is a two-part epilogue so keep an eye out!! You'll want to read it.

Also small self promo but I posted the teaser for my new story 'the price we pay' and it's also a reader insert!Tom fic 🥰

-

Tom didn't know what he was expecting to walk into when he rammed your front door open. But it wasn't you holding a gun over Aiden who was on his knees, practically begging for his life. Though everyone in that room knew that you wouldn't pull the trigger, especially Tom. However, Aiden was a fool. A whining, begging fool who had made a vast selection of mistakes.

Rosie sat on the barstool with her back facing the scene per your wishes and you were glad that she was abiding for once, colouring in a picture for Tom with the words 'Dad' scribbled on the bottom in bright pink pencil. They were the pencils that she had left here, most of them blunt and stubby. She didn't look shocked but he saw the remains on tears on her cheeks, evidence of her previously being upset.

The dad and husband rushed over, heart practically beating out of his chest and your eyes didn't move off of Aiden for a single second, keeping the weapon trained on the dangerous man and Tom would easily say that it was a site he never wanted to see, one of you looking so distraught and terrified and unknowing of what to do next.

"Darling, give me the gun." He prompts. Aiden's eyes widen even more if that was possible, mouth opening and closing like a fish out of water and if he didn't realise that he'd fucked up before, then he definitely had now.

Two men walked in behind Tom, each his guys that he trusted– not as much as Z and Jacob or Sam, but trusted nonetheless. They stood tall, cracking their knuckles and snarled at the sight of the guy on his knees.

You didn't reply to Tom but he didn't miss the gentle sob that escaped your lips, and the way you passed the weapon with a shaky hand, or the way you stepped back hurriedly, nearly tripling up on the living room rug as you went over to Rosie, cradling her into your chest and she dropped the pencil with a gentle thud, arms going around your neck. Tom held the power now, and Aiden looked goddamn terrified. Rightfully so.

It reminded you of the first time you met. He had been stone cold, glaring at both your father and you and had tapped that pencil obnoxiously on the desk. You had been unaware of what you had gotten yourself into, and who exactly. But now, even in your state of shock, you saw a man that would go to the very ends of the Earth for his family.

"Should've let me kill her." The man on his knees growls, spitting towards the carpet. You wanted to punch him, to use him as a personal boxing bag and put him through every ounce of pain that he'd put your family through. But violence wasn't the answer and Rosie was snuggled under your arms, her curls pressed tightly against your clothing.

Tom laughs maniacally. "You would never have pulled the trigger, you're weak." He narrows his eyes, nodding his two men forward. He gets down on his two knees, one hand against the rug. "You're fucking weak and that's what got you here in the first place, you listened to a man that nearly got you killed then you were given another chance and you fucked up again. It's over, Wilson, it's done."