3.

Chapter Summary: Tom surely hasn't made the best decisions in his life but one he's sure that's good- one that he'll remind himself of time and time again is falling in love with you.

Warnings: PTSD symptoms - I apologize if I didn't portray PTSD correctly, I'm open to taking tips and hearing feedback from you guys

- There are a lot of dad/mafia series, so if this seems similar to yours then message me for credit.

Words: 5.7k

-

Rosie toys with the little elephant that she'd been given for her third birthday, the fake purple flower in its hair getting dirty from the amounts of time's she'd accidentally dragged it around by the leg, the head sliding across the kitchen table. She couldn't help it, the head of the elephant was fairly larger than the body and would weigh her down.

She couldn't begin to describe when or how the compulsion started but she began to grow itchy. Bugs, she thought. it sometimes felt like bugs. Little creepy crawlies running up and down her hands and all she tried to do was get rid of them. They tickled her and laughed when she couldn't get rid of them but she was determined.

The little girl takes another bite of her sandwich, the ham and cheese in bread making her hum in satisfaction as she chews away, the Elephant in the other hand slipping and hitting the floor with a low thump but it doesn't bother her. Without being fully aware she brings her hand up and picks at one of the bandages wanting to peel it off but she remembers what her mummy said about playing with bandages. It wasn't good- pulling one off only meant putting another one on.

She looks up at the television, some cartoon movie playing and she wondered how long it had been since her mum left, boredom bubbling in the pit of her stomach as she fiddles with the elephant ear, a slice of cheese hanging from her lips as she takes another bite.

The little pink and silver tiara that sat on top of her head was on an odd angle, tangled between strands of hair but at the same time keeping it out of her face. If you were here right now she'd ask you to put it up in braids or little ponytails but you weren't and she was stuck dealing with the mess.

Rosie swore then and there that she wouldn't be getting any sleep until her mum got home, doing whatever it takes to keep her eyes open whether that meant staring out the window, counting each and every star despite the fact that she can only count to five or playing with Ellie and Coral. (The elephant and brown bear.)

-

"Are you sure this is a good idea?"

Tom leaned back in his seat, the almost empty wine glass in his hand the closest thing to a distraction that he had as he looked around the restaurant. His rings knocked against the glass gently, wine tracing the edges. The fruity wine burned the back of his throat and Tom leaned forward to grab the bottle of deep, crimson red alcohol only for it to be snatched by Sam.

"I'd be lying if I said it is, but when do I ever make good decisions?" He remarked.

"You could've just called her like a normal person?" Harry said, causing Tom to send his brother a glare, eye's falling onto the clock as he twiddled with the stem of the empty glass nervously.

The little Italian place was his favorite. Their pasta and breadsticks never failed to leave Tom craving more and the mobster was always sure to leave a heavy tip, quickly becoming well known but right now he hated the place, feeling nothing but constricted as he thought about everything he'd found out the last twenty-four hours.

Tom's nervous twiddling was replaced by hard features as Sam sent him a worried look. The glance held more words then the younger Holland swore he was able to get out and Tom only shook his head, physically telling his brother not to say anything to worsen the regret he was currently feeling- the whole plan, the entirety of it was done out of pure adrenaline.