eight

Namjoon noticed how Seokjin was taking quite a while and got anxious. He felt he couldn't stand sitting alone in silence anymore so he began to search for his friend.

Creeping up the stair case, Namjoon's ears perked up when he heard a familiar voice. Following the voice, he found Seokjin in a bedroom.

Seokjin's back was turned to Namjoon while he had a conversation on the phone.

"Not exactly, Sir. I haven't claimed the boy, but his father who could help lead me to him."

The odd conversation wasn't the only thing that made Namjoon freeze in his spot and not interrupt. It was Seokjin's shadow.

Along with the longuated dark body behind the man, there was also wide and majestic wings connected to the shadow.

~

Before Jungkook and Jimin could continue their conversation, there was an urgent knock at the door. "Your father has arrived, Sir."

Jimin gazed at the visible gulp Jungkook made before flashing the boy a poorly hidden nervous smile.

"Be a good boy and stay here," he muttered while patting the younger's head and exiting the room. Jimin blushed at the affection and stayed still.

Eventually, the older's one and only order will be broken. Jimin, sitting impatiently, finally rose and began to ponder if he should leave his bedroom or not.

Hesitantly grasping the doorknob, he opened the door and quietly left. All the hallways were empty and eerily silent as Jimin aimlessly walked them.

Following the faint noises in the distant, the boy recognized Jungkook's voice, but not a deeper one.

"Welcome home, Appa," Jungkooked bowed along with all the maids perfectly lined up in two rows.

The beastly man gave curt nod and asked, "How is he?"

"He is safe and waiting in his chambers."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, why wouldn't I- "

A small cough in the distance
interrupted Jungkook, having all heads turn to the corner it occurred at.

A shy head peered out and gazed at everyone else, but mostly the huge stranger. That head belonged to Park Jimin.

~

Sand crunched beneath the servants sandal as he advanced towards his master. "When shall we attack, Master? Other clans are circling the Jeon household, we don't have much more time."

The man on the throne continued to have his eyes shut with a blank expression. Suddenly, his servant's mind heard his soothing voice that said, "I will take him soon."

Shaking off the weird feeling of his master speaking in his head, the servant responded, "But why soon when it can be now? We are more powerful than-"

"He's already mine. I visited him in his dreams last night."