Kiké Hernández

-wolfhernandez

  I lean my head back and look up in awe. Growing up in Los Angeles, I've been to Disneyland several times, yet it never ceases to amaze me.

I was a kid at heart, and frankly, so was my boyfriend. Kiké loves Disney almost as much as I do- keyword, almost.

I look down at the list we had made the night before with everything we want to do while we're here. Off days don't come often, so when we have one, we make sure we don't waste any time with what we're doing. And today, we just happen to be taking over Disneyland!

The first thing on our list was Jedi Training. It's supposed to only be for young kids, but Kiké pulled some strings and was able to get us in.

Before we head anywhere though, I make sure I get some pictures with my beloved. I know that if I don't force him to now, I'll never be able to pull him away from the attractions long enough.

We ask one of the worker's to take our picture, adjusting each other's accessories before doing so. Our current Disney obsession has been the movie Coco, so we dressed the part. I ordered festive ears for me and a cute but simple hat for Kiké.

We thank the worker before making our way to the event Kiké was anticipating most

We thank the worker before making our way to the event Kiké was anticipating most. We get to where the Jedi Training is held, and because of those previously mentioned pulled strings, we were the only two in the room.

The worker dressed as a Jedi hands us two green lightsabers which leave my boyfriend in absolute awe.

"I am not worthy of battling with the same color that the Luke Skywalker used." He tries to ask for a different color, but the worker pushes the request away.

I look at him and chuckle. He's so difficult, but it's just one of the reasons why I love him.

The worker, or Jedi I guess, demonstrates what to do with your lightsaber while in battle. After the demonstration, Kiké and I are both given robes to wear for our mock battle against each other.

I hand my phone to the worker, asking him to videotape for me. He obliges, holding my phone in his hand before demanding us to go.

He offers advice and shouts commands while Kiké and I struggle to even make contact with the other. We were too busy laughing to actually try and strike.