IV

Kyra reminded herself to take slow breaths, New York was overwhelming

Kyra reminded herself to take slow breaths, New York was overwhelming. The skyscrapers that towered above her, made her feel incredibly small. She bit her lip, she had no idea where to go. She had taken a bit of money with her, but she wasn't about to waste it on a cab. She didn't have much money and she wanted to be able to eat this evening.

Hesitatingly she stepped towards a man in suit, 'Excuse me, I'd-'

The man just kept walking like he hadn't heard her, making Kyra frown. 'Rude,' she muttered under her breath.

She slowly started panicking when she realized she hadn't saved the number of Pearson Specter Litt on her phone. That was also when she realized that she should use Google Maps. She started looking around for cafe with free WiFi, luckily that wasn't hard to find.

But the map was confusing, she understood where Pearson Specter Litt was. But not how to get there. 'Goddamn it.'

'Need any help?' a bartender asked, pointing at her phone.

Kyra smiled, 'Yes. Yes I do! I need to get here, it's quite important. But I'm afraid I'm helpless when it comes to directions and maps. I can't afford a cab.'

He nodded, 'Of course. I'll be back in a minute.'

He walked inside the cafe with empty glasses and returned with a small piece of paper, on which he had written the directions.

'Oh thank you!' she told him. 'I can't give you anything in return.'

He smiled, 'That's okay.'

Kyra waved at him before walking away, within fifteen minutes she had reached the firm. 'Get your shit together Kyra,' she muttered under her breath as she walked inside. Taking the elevator.

She looked into the reflection of her phone, looking if she had something weird on her face. It was something she never did, however she checked three times in a row. She bit her lip and started tapping with her foot against the floor.

Slowly the elevator doors opened, but when she walked inside it wasn't like she had expected. Not crowded and hurried people. She walked towards the front desk, an elderly black woman sitting behind it.

'Excuse me, where can I find Harvey Specter?' Kyra asked, her voice failing slightly at Harvey's name.

'Harvey Specter is not here yet, you can wait for him in his office. If you have an appointment of course,' the woman told Kyra.

Kyra's eyes widened, 'I don't know if I have an appointment.'

Gretchen looked up from her desk and took off her reading glasses, 'What do you mean, you don't know?'

Kyra flushed red and started stumbling over her words, 'Well... uh... I...' Kyra took a deep breath, 'Harvey's secretary, Donna called me. Yesterday. And she asked me to come here, does that count as an appointment?'

Gretchen was quiet for awhile, just staring at the woman in front of her with wide eyes. She was wearing red heels, blue leggings, a red skirt from her waist to a little below her knees, a blue blouse with red polka dots and her her hair was in a ponytail, a blue ribbon wrapped around it. She didn't look anything like a lawyer nor a client, but most of all, she looked nothing like Harvey's usual company.

'Yes, you can wait for him in his office. In the meantime, I'll be calling Donna to check out your story,' Gretchen said.

Gretchen walked Kyra towards Harvey's office and Kyra sat down on the couch. Looking at her surroundings, noticing the basketballs. She frowned, Harvey used to like basketball, but wasn't a hardcore fan. Then she glanced at the view upon New York, it was exactly like the pictures she had seen on the internet.

***

'Harvey! Don't!' Kyra exclaimed as Harvey pushed her into the pool.

Fully clothed she fell into the water, as soon as she came back for air she yelled, 'I hate you!'

Harvey smiled cockily and took a leap before jumping into the pool, he swam towards her and put his hands on her cheeks. 'No you don't.'

Kyra glared at him, 'Yes! Yes I do!'

Harvey smiled and repeated, 'No you don't.'

Kyra rolled her eyes and laid her head on his chest, 'No. I don't, asshole'

He put his hands around her waist, 'I love you, Kyra Anderson.'

Kyra froze, pulling her head away from his chest and she looked up at him. 'I love you too, Harvey Specter.'

He lifted her up and she put her legs around his waist, 'Promise you'll never leave me.'

Kyra smiled, seeing him so vulnerable was rare. But she knew she shouldn't await her answer for long. 'I promise, Harvey.'

'Thank you,' he whispered in her ear.

Kyra shivered and he looked up at her, 'Are you cold?'

Kyra nodded and Harvey lifted her on the edge of the pool, he climbed out and brought her inside. Never at that moment, had they been able to imagine what would be in store for them in the future.

***

Kyra slowly felt herself coming back to reality, only one bitter thought in her mind. She kept her promise. And until fifteen years ago, she never noticed that he didn't make one.