VI

Kyra woke up in a bed that wasn't hers, she looked around, trying to find any clues of her surroundings

Kyra woke up in a bed that wasn't hers, she looked around, trying to find any clues of her surroundings. She groaned as she realised she had rented a crappy apartment, it was small and gross. But right now, she couldn't afford anything else.

She jumped in a cold shower and as she stood in front of the mirror while brushing her hair, her phone rang. She rolled her eyes and grabbed it with one hand, desperately trying with the other not to give the people that live across the street an idea of what was beneath her towel.

'With Kyra Anderson.'

'Kyra, it's Donna. Harvey is at Mike's prison, whatever he does... Play along.'

Kyra stared at her phone, realising that Donna had already hung up on her.

'Rude,' she muttered under her breath.

She opened her suitcase and grabbed her outfit, a frown formed on her face as she saw her wet hair and quickly put it in a ponytail. With one heel on and the other in her hand she waked out of her apartment, only putting it on when she had closed the door. She ran outside and waved at a cab.

'That'll be 20 dollars, Miss.'

Kyra frowned, 'What?'

'I'm sorry, but it's 20 dollars.'

Kyra sighed and handed him the money, praying she'd get through the next week without it. She stepped outside and noticed that she was shaking upon seeing the prison in front of her. No matter how many times she'd been to prison to help her clients, it still terrified her. The heavy metal and the security.

'Excuse me, I'm here for Ha... I'm here for Mike Ross.' She said politely.

The woman looked up from her computer, 'Who are you, his girlfriend? Because I can't-'

'I'm here as his attorney, Ma'am,' Kyra cut her off.

The woman smiled and crossed her arms, 'Are you playing with me?'

Kyra frowned, 'No! I work for Pearson Specter Litt and I am here to see him.'

The woman eyed her up and down, she was wearing a peach coloured fluffy sweater and white skirt with a print of cartoon beets. 'Harvey Specter is here already, you can leave.'

Kyra scrunched her nose angrily, 'Get me the warden.'

But before the woman could say anything, Harvey came back and walked into the room, 'Kyra?'

Kyra turned around, 'Harvey, what is going on? Oh, and please tell this woman that I'm indeed working for you. I'm getting seriously sick of the judgemental looks.'

Harvey raised his eyebrow, 'She works for me, Kyra I'll explain once we're in the car.'

Kyra nodded and walked with Harvey, silently thanking him for not having to pay for another cab. If she did, she wouldn't be having dinner tonight. She took the front seat, because Harvey was apparently planning  on sitting next to the sleeping man.

'How you doing?' Harvey suddenly asked, making Kyra turn around to see that the sleeping guy was awake.

'What's going on?' the guy asked, 'Where am I?'

'You are in the back of my car. You were drugged,' Harvey calmly responded.

Kyra however choked on her saliva.

'By Gallo.'

'By me.'

Kyra's eyes widened, 'What? Harvey!'

Harvey looked at her and concentrated back on Mike, 'Cahill got the warden and the prison doctor to put something in your food. They're the only ones that know what's going on.'

'What the hell are you talking about?' Mike questioned and to be honest, Kyra was quite curious as well.

'We needed to change your mind about taking this deal, and we couldn't do it as long as you were in there.'

'Wait... You just broke a man out of prison?!' Kyra exclaimed, 'Why the hell didn't Donna tell me that?!'

'I didn't break him out of anything. Cahill sanctioned it. And if anyone is insane, it's you, 'cause you're the one turning down a chance to get out of that place. But we don't have enough time to talk about that right now. Cahill's waiting for us,' Harvey explained.

'You got me out to see Cahill?'

'I said that he's waiting. I didn't say that that's where I am taking you.'

'Well then, where the hell are you taking me?'

And apparently this was some place special for Mike, because he became quiet when he looked out of the window. 'You think me spending a couple of hours with Rachel is gonna change my mind?'

'If it doesn't there is something wrong with you,' Harvey glanced at Kyra and looked back at Mike, 'So, are you gonna yell at me? Or are you gonna take the only chance you're gonna get to be alone with the woman you love for the next two years?'

'Please tell me that you did not tell her about Cahill's offer.'

'Oh, I wanted to. But you have Donna to thank for the fact that I didn't,' Harvey answered.

'What am I supposed to tell Rachel about why I'm here?' Mike asked.

Kyra smiled, 'Tell her the truth, lies tie you down until one day you can't move. Once you do, she will know you've lied and you could possibly loose her forever.'

Mike left the car, leaving Harvey and Kyra behind. Kyra looked down at her lap, 'I suppose I'll head home then.'

Harvey frowned, 'You sure?'

'Yeah, good luck and keep me informed next time,' Kyra answered as she got out of the car.

'I will.'