XVII

'Blimey, Harvey, this is where you live?' Kyra asked as she walked inside

'Blimey, Harvey, this is where you live?' Kyra asked as she walked inside. This morning she had to be rushed to court, so they agreed they'd move her stuff in the evening.

Harvey nodded, a cocky smile resting on his face, 'No, I just broke into Louis's place. Of course I live here.'

Kyra rolled her eyes, 'It's... really nice.'

Harvey smiled, 'You want a cup of tea? No sugar, right?'

Kyra looked at him in surprise, 'You remembered.'

'Why do you think I would forget, Kyra?' he asked her, 'Why did you think I'd get rid off that bumblebee? Why would you ever think that I could forget you? It might have been fifteen years Kyra, it feels as if we've been apart for a hundred, yet when I see you it's like no time has passed.'

Kyra dropped her bag, 'Harvey, you were the one that stopped writing!'

Harvey glared at her, 'How dare you?! You stopped, I kept writing you for two years after you stopped!'

'Don't you lie to me! You stopped writing after three months!'

Harvey looked at her in disbelief, 'No! No chance, I... Donna could tell you. She watched me write them, I swear Kyra, I kept writing.'

Kyra's eyes widened as she took a step forward, her hand slowly linking behind Harvey's neck, she raised to her feet, closing her eyes. Harvey could feel her breath on his face when someone knocked on their door. And Kyra walked away.

'Hey Harvey, do you have any idea where Kyr...' Rachel started until she looked up to see Kyra right in front of her, 'Oh... Kyra...'

'Hey,' Kyra answered as she looked at Rachel and Mike, 'What are you doing here? It's late.'

'We went to Victor Forrest's house,' Rachel said.

Kyra sighed, 'Rachel... you... Come in.'

Rachel rushed inside, taking off her coat, 'I am sorry, but we didn't have the time to tell you. And something Harvey has taught us is that it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission.'

Kyra sat down on Harvey's couch, Harvey sitting right next to her, but she didn't even look at him, 'Well, I'm not Harvey.'

Rachel sat down and Mike next to her, 'We know, but... Kyra, we need to charge him with obstruction of justice.'

'Excuse me?!' Kyra yelled, Harvey quickly grabbing her hand, but Kyra shoved it away.

'Kyra, we looked the man in the eye, I'm telling you... he threatened Maria Gomez or he send her away...'

Kyra shook her head, 'So what if he did? We can't prove it.'

Mike shrugged, 'We don't have to proof it if you can break him on the stand.'

A little pit of fury lit in Kyra, 'If I can?! Are you realising that this man's life is in my hands?! If this backfires, do you know what it'll look like?! We attack the victim's father! The jury will never let it pass and there will be nothing we can do for Leonard!'