IX

Kyra arrived at Mike's prison and rushed inside, seeing Harvey in the waiting room

'Kyra,' Harvey sighed.

She smiled, 'I'm here, I'm here. I was with Rachel, but I promised I'd be here. I got your message about the situation.'

'What is that girl doing here?' William Sutter asked when he looked at her as if she was beneath him.

'I'm a part of Mike's legal team and I requested to be present, Harvey told me that it was perfectly fine,' Kyra lied effortlessly.

Harvey smiled and Sutter sighed, but before anything could be said they were asked to follow a guard inside. Kyra sat through the whole argument and it was all tiresome, Kevin was a good guy who went to prison, just like Mike. While William Sutter was a white haired creep who was abusing his power and money, making shady deals. This was why she always did Pro-Bono cases and didn't work for a firm.

'Thank you for being there, Kyra,' Harvey said when they were in the car back, 'I know how much you hate people like William Sutter. And I promise you that I wouldn't have worked for him if-'

Kyra grabbed his hand, 'Hey, I get it. You did it for Mike, that's okay.'

And she could feel butterflies in her stomach when Harvey gave her hand a soft squeeze, 'We haven't had time to talk... about... well everything.'

Kyra nodded and bit her lip, 'Yeah, we should.'

'Why are you here?' Harvey asked her.

Kyra looked at him in confusion, 'I told you, Donna called me. She booked me a flight to New York and told me to go, she said your best friend was in prison and that the firm needed another lawyer.'

'How have you been?'

'What?'

'How have you been in the last fifteen years?' Harvey asked her again.

Kyra glanced at her hands and lied smoothly, 'I've been alright.'

'And your parents? Your brother? Louisa?'

Kyra flinched at the mentioning of her brother and she hesitated, 'Kai was in an accident, car accident. He's paralysed from the waist down.'

Harvey saw the sadness in her eyes, 'I'm sorry.'

Kyra smiled sheepishly, 'Yes well, fate is a cruel thing.'

'You never used to say that,' Harvey stated as the taxi driver came closer to the place Kyra was renting.

Kyra looked out of the window, 'Well, it's been fifteen years. What did you expect?'

'Why?' Harvey asked her, 'Why did you come here?'

Kyra rolled her eyes, 'You asked that already, Harvey. Same answer.'

'What did Donna tell you? What? It's been 15 years Kyra, why now? Why did you come?'

Kyra's lip started trembling, she glared at him, tears welling up in her eyes, 'Because of the bumblebee Harvey! Goddamn it. That stupid bumblebee I pinned into my hair which you took with you. She said you still had it, and for a moment, just for a moment, I thought you still cared.' Tears rolled down her cheek as she continued, 'You know, I fell for it again.'

'I don't have it anymore...' Harvey mumbled, his voice hoarse.

'Don't worry, Harvey. I expected nothing more from you,' Kyra told him and she turned to the driver, 'You can stop here, I'll walk the last bit.'

'Kyra!'

She stepped out of the car and the rain hit her, slowly the rain soaked through her coat and she could feel the cold water on her skin. She shivered and walked away, hoping the rain would at least make sure that no one could notice her tears.

***

'Kyra! It's raining, why would we go outside?' Harvey asked as he looked at his girlfriend, who was putting on her bright coloured rain boots

'Wear a coat if you don't like the rain! It's only that we think of rain as bad, because we're taught to believe that it is! Every child loves to jump in puddles,' Kyra argued as she giggled and stepped into the rain.

Slowly it soaked through her clothes and her hair, yet her smile remained bright on and proud on her lips. Harvey followed after her as her smile turned into a wicked grin and not much later Harvey noticed the cause. Right there, was a puddle, bigger than a carpet and definitely deep enough to bathe in if you wanted to.

'Kyra... I swear... don't.' Harvey warned.

But it was to late, Kyra had already grabbed his hand. Both of them soaked to their waist as they violently splashed the water while they ran through.

'You're going to be the death of me, Kyra Anderson.'

'Yeah, probably. They can't sue me for that, can they?' Kyra joked as she laid her head on his chest.

'Not if you're representing yourself, they wouldn't be able to make a case even if they had this crime on video tape,' Harvey whispered as he moved closer and lifted her chin with his finger.

Kyra smiled and raised on her toes, his hand in her neck as he pressed her lips against his.

***

And never at this moment would they have thought that fifteen years later, they would no longer be the same. That Kyra would be just as cold, walking to her apartment through the rain, utterly alone. And Harvey driving home, confused and heartbroken.