Chapter One

Dan was sat at the back of the classroom, staring into space and ignoring his boring teacher who was droning on and on about- god knows what.

This was his daily routine, get up, go to school, come dangerously close to being bored to death, go home, sleep, repeat. He had no idea that all that was about to change.

Suddenly, a sound emerged from the door as it swung open, revealing a tall, extremely handsome young man.

Dan snapped his gaze away quickly and continued staring into space.

"Oh, class, I forgot to tell you, we are getting- er, we have a new student. His name is Phil, everybody say hello."

The room buzzed with dull greetings, then returned to silence.

"Okay Phil, pick a seat, and get comfy."

Now this was the part where he sat next to the 'lovely' cheerleaders and became super popular and superior to everybody else, thought Dan.

As Phil looked around the room, he noticed 3 empty seats.

One next to a blonde girl, sitting chewing gum and twirling her hair around her finger, one next to a brunette with fire red tips on her hair which honestly looked quite amazing, paying actual attention to the teacher and his lesson. Then, another caught his eye- it was in the back, right next to a boy with brown hair and beautiful, chocolate brown eyes, who looked bored as hell.

He walked down the aisle, and sat next to the boy.

Dan looked up slightly, surprised that the boy had actually chose him over Alyssa, the prettiest girl in class- in his opinion at least, after all, he was a homo, what did he know?- and the cheerleading squad, who he has to admit were also beautiful? Amazing.

Dan looked away, trying not to bring attention to himself. Phil however, couldn't look away- the boy next to him was actually perfect, and they hadn't even spoken one word to each other yet.

As Phil was trying to think of a way to bring up a subtle conversation, the bell rang.

Dan sprung up from his chair, trying to leave as quickly as possible, one so he wouldn't have to think about how beautiful Phil was, and two so he could get in and out of the halls quickly, but in the process he managed to drop his books and papers onto the classroom floor.

The cheerleaders and their boyfriends walked by, sneering insults under their breathe carefully so only Dan could hear.

*

Idiot

*

Ugly

*

Fat

*

Worthless

*

Then he felt something beside him start to pick up papers and sort them into a neat pile.

He looked up with confusion to see Phil helping him pick up his belongings, as he felt a sharp kick fly at his tailbone.

*

faggot

*

Phil saw and heard, but wasn't sure if he had seen properly or if he brain was playing tricks on him until he saw the boy next to him squinting in pain, probably holding back tears.

Phil looked up at the bully who was snickering at his work and walking away.

He threw his arm over the tense body beside him, abandoning the papers on the floor.

"Hey, are you okay?"

"Does it look like I'm okay?" Dan replied, his voice weaker than he had intended.

"You're right, I'm sorry." Phil said, dropping his arm and returning to the pile of papers.

"No I'm sorry, I'm just a little..unhappy?" Dan questioned his choice of words, but decided to finish with a sad smile, which Phil returned.

"Yeah, they are really terrible?"

"Very terrible. It's not easy being ga- er, it's not easy being..weird at this school." Dan said awkwardly, trying to cover his mess up.

"Don't worry, you can drop the act, I'm not homophobic." Phil said with a friendly smile.

He handed Dan his papers and they both stood up.

"Thanks" Dan said, beginning to walk away, when he felt a hand on his shoulder.

"Wait, I never asked what your name is?"

"Dan. My name is Dan Howell."

*

Dan Howell, the useless faggot

------------------------------------------

THANKS FOR READING GUYS

Okay so yes this is really short, but it's more of an introduction chapter for the story before it really kicks off, so the chapters will be longer, don't worry.

Anyway, hope you liked it a lot...

*Hey guys, skip the next paragraph if you don't like spoilers, read it if you do, but it's nothing huge don't worry*

SPOILER ALERT- there was a very important character introduced in this chapter, it wasn't Dan or Phil because obviously they are important in a Phan Fiction, but yeah. A character was introduced that will become very important to the story line.

Okay seriously if your still reading, thank you soooo much!

Okay, bye my waffles!

*sends you a plate of cookies (flavor of your choice) and gives you tickets to your favorite band's next concert near you*

(Credit to @phanallamallama on wattpad for the outro bc they always made me vvv happy at the end of her chapters and idk she's cool)