Chapter Four

*tyler Oakley voice* WELL HELLO EVERYONE MY NAME IS ALYSSA AND I HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS CHAPTER

The next day Dan got up earlier than normal, slapping his alarm off without irritation for the first time in a long time.

He walked to the bathroom with a spring in his step, brushing his teeth and styling his fringe to the side like he normally would after straightening it.

He didn't dress especially, he just wanted today to feel like a natural, genuinely happy day, and he had to face himself; with Phil around, it probably would be.

Hopefully.

Brushing away the negative thoughts that tried to crack his smile proved to be harder then he'd thought, but somehow he managed to grab a granola bar and be out the door with a smile on his face.

He sat on his porch to wait for Phil to arrive, while munching on the smooth, strawberry-yogurt coated bar peacefully.

He heard footsteps approaching, and snapped his attention to the sight further up the sidewalk, which was the amazing Phil he'd been anticipating.

He, of course, looked stunning as usual. He caught up as Dan stood up and slung his backpack over his shoulder.

When they were side-by-side, Dan took that as his chance to apologize and maybe even confess a bit; he wasn't sure how much he wanted Phil to know, but he hoped he could just wing it.

"Hey, sorry about the way I acted earlier," Dan said cautiously after a bit of comfortable silence.

"Yesterday was one of those days when my depression caught up with me and it hit me a bit hard." Dan had to force myself not to cringe at his words, and clenched his jaw immediately after he spoke, hoping for the best reaction although he wasn't sure what that was.

Phil had had a feeling, it wasn't hard to figure out with Dan looking so nervous and clutching his wrist the day before.

Plus, he knew depression when he saw it, his own mother had had it rough. Phil wringed his hands, trying to find the right words, settling on gently questioning Dan.

"You have depression?" He asked, trying to keep the curiosity out of his voice as this was a rather serious subject.

"Yeah." Dan replied as calmly as he could. He knew Phil already knew, it was just hard to adress.

"Dan, it's alright, I had a feeling.." He trailed off and shifted his gaze to Dan's wrists. He tapped Dan on the shoulder lightly to get his attention.

"Do you mind if I look?" He asked softly, placing a hand in Dan's and lifting his arm gently.

"Alright." Dan said, regretting it almost instantly but knowing somehow it was for the best.

Phil lifted Dan's sleeve slowly and Dan cringed, turning his head away as to not see Phil's expression.

Dan jumped in surprise as he felt something soft and warm press against his cuts, looking back over and realizing that Phil was bent over, pressing his lips carefully to Dan's arm.

Dan relaxed and sighed, Phil continuing up his arm until he reached the end of the trail of cuts.

He look up at Dan, and Phil couldn't sort out what had come over him, but he leaned over and kissed Dan's cheek.

"Better?" He asked, swiping Dan's fringe away from his eyes with his finger.

"Better. Thank you."

Dan wound his arm around Phil's waist happily leaning into his side as they continued to walk, the only noise being their own breathing and their feet on the pavement.

If Dan could've stayed there, cuddled into Phil's side forever, he would've, but as they approached the gates, he untangled himself from Phil's waist and smiled at him.

Phil smiled brightly back, and engulfed him in a brief hug once more, leaning towards Dan's ear and whispering "perfect", before walking off without looking back.

Dan smiled once again, before turning and heading off in his own direction.

Pretty good start to a happy day, Dan thought to himself, even though he was questioning whether or not it would last.

----------------

Hello, and sorrryyyyyy for not updating in a while :/

Also, sorry for making them so intimate already, I just love writing cute phan scenes obviously so yeah..their friendship might evolve quickly, sorry sorry sorry

Well anyway, ily guys...*inserts outro here*